Chapter 36: Ladies and Gentlemen... We Have a Believer

SORRY IT TOOK ME SO LONG TO UPDATE THIS BUT HERE'S A CHAPTER!!! PLEASE COMMENT YOUR THOUGHTS!! (This one's for Mafe since she made me write it lol).

Killian's P.O.V:

It's been six days since we arrived in Storybrooke. When we got here, Emma and I only booked our room with Leia for the week... but I'm not sure Emma is ready to leave tomorrow. She's finally growing the bond between herself and her son, and I can't take that away from her. 

Besides, it isn't as if we urgently have to be back home. After all, Emma appointed Tess as manager of the bar while we're away and even hired some new workers. Liam is taking care of Tara, our puppy, for us, so that is another problem taken care of. Aside from our house, Liam, and some friends... nothing is holding us to New York. We could stay here as long as we want to.

Emma's boy is an interesting lad. Emma says he has theories and tales  to tell for ages. I hope that once the two of them grow closer, Emma might encourage me to be a part of his life as well. 

We spend the first bit of the morning after waking up just checking in back home. Things seem to be running smoothly, for the most part. Some mishaps here an there, but overall, Liam assures us that everything is alright. After that, I manage to convince Emma to extend our stay. Not that she needed much persuasion, but the push helped. 

And now... I stand in the middle of this small town's convenience store on a mission to find anything along the lines of diapers. I should've known the amount we'd packed wouldn't be enough. This world's organization systems make no sense. Why the bloody hell have diapers been placed in the aisle with chocolates?

Muttering about the nonsense of this realm, I grab a pack of diapers, and then one more just to be safe. Leia is quite the smelly princess. I smile at the thought of her happy face and little toes. How I love her. How I love my family.

"Hi Killian!"

I jump with a start, glancing around me to search for the sound of the voice. And then down, when I realize that it was the voice of a child.

Henry.

"Lad, hello," I say with a slight chuckle. I can see, now, what Emma means when she says he comes out of thin air. "What are you doing here?"

"My mom needs something for the next town meeting," he says matter of factly.

"From the convenience store..?" I ask, confused. 

"It didn't make a lot of sense to me, either," Henry shrugs. "Can I ask you a question?"

"Sure, lad."

He stares at me for a moment, then sighs.

"I heard you mumbling. What did you mean... this realm?" Henry asks, tilting his head curiously.

My eyes widen. 

"Ehm... eh- well, I-"

"Is the curse real?" 

"What?"

I don't understand why this, of all things, is something that terrifies me. This conversation. Of all the things that I, Killian Jones, Captain Hook, have been through, this is what scares me. A conversation with a child speaking of magic in a world without it.

"It is! I knew it!" Henry exclaims.

"Wha- I didn't-"

"I can see it in your eyes, you're awake! You know who you are!" the lad says in excitement.

"I-"

"Wait, does this mean you know who everyone else is? Cause there are some people I just can't figure out. You know, cause there are so many people, and so many characters..." Henry rambles, launching into a ramble.