Chapter 25: Secrets Revealed

Here's another chapter for you all! Enjoy loves!

When Emma awoke the next morning, she found herself wrapped up and tangled with Killian on the couch, a blanket covering them. They'd been too lazy to move to the bed once they were all cuddled up to each other. 

She smiled at the warm sensation of having her love to hold her again. She'd missed him immensely. 

Although, she noted after a moment that she hadn't woken naturally. Something had awoken her. 

After a moment of listening, she heard it. Killian's phone was going off with a text message. She groaned, annoyed at the sound and not wanting Killian to wake up because of it either.

She attempted groggily to rise out of his arms, smiling when he tightened his grip on her. She planted warms kiss along his arms and neck, up his jaw, and he relaxed, loosening his arms. 

With feather light kiss on his forehead, she emerged from his arms and found his phone on the other couch.

She went to shut it off, but couldn't stop eyes from grazing over the text he'd received. 

It was from Liam.

Well, little brother, have you popped the question yet? What'd she say?

Emma froze.

Her heart rate sped up and she swallowed thickly, setting his phone back in its place. 

She began to pace, thoughts overwhelming her. Her breath began to come quick and short. 

He was going to propose to her? Why didn't he?

Was she not good enough?

If her own parents never cared... if nobody before him ever cared, why would he?

Or was it Lana Carter that got in the way?

She was beyond overjoyed that he was even considering proposing to her, but why hadn't he done it yet?

She didn't want to ruin anything, but she had to know. She had to know if this was real. With silent feet, Emma tip-toed to the coat closet and felt around Killian's leather jacket. Sure enough, she felt the form of a little velvet box.

Emma, stop overthinking this. Maybe he just got nervous, she scolded herself. Just subtly hint at it today or something and maybe you can give him a little push, she assured herself.

Just then, Killian began to stir. She forced a smile onto her face, heading over to the couch so she could greet him with a kiss. 

"Mmm, morning, love," Killian said, his voice low and gravely from having just woken up. 

"Morning," she answered with a smile, caressing his cheek. 

The two of them spent the rest of the day together. They cuddled up on the couch and watched movies, went out for lunch, walked around the streets, and all the while Emma dropped subtle hints at him, hoping he'd take the opportunity and ask her. 

As they strolled hand in hand down the sides of the river in Venice, Emma watched the sun set and sighed sadly, making one last attempt to boost Killian's confidence.

"You know I love you, right?" Emma asked him quietly, intertwining their fingers. 

"Aye, love, of course I do," Killian answered, almost shocked she'd ask him that. 

"And you love me, right?" she continued.

"Aye... darling, of course I love you. What's going on, love?" he asked, confused at her questions.

"And if you had anything to ask me... you'd never hold back, right? You'd just ask because we love and trust each other. Right?" Emma pushed, her eyes pleading. 

"Absolutely," he answered, still confused.

"So... is there anything you want to ask me?" Emma asked nervously, swallowing back tears when he shook his head.

"No, not really," he answered.

"Oh.. uh okay. Can we go back to your apartment? I'm tired and I kinda just wanna go to bed," Emma said sadly, her face falling.

"Emma, love, are you sure you're alright?" Killian asked as tears began piling behind her eyes. "Please, darling, tell me what's wrong," he pleaded.

"Were you gonna propose to me?" Emma blurted out, needing to know for sure. 

"Wha- who told you that?" Killian asked in dismay.

"I saw a text from Liam this morning when your phone was going off," she admitted, tears streaming down her face.

"Aye... I was," Killian said quietly.

"So... why didn't you? Am I- am I not good enough? Is there something I can do to be better, what can I... I just want to be with you..." Emma begged softly, her tears pouring down her cheeks.

Killian's heart nearly shattered into a million pieces at the sight of her so broken, so sad. 

"Oh, baby, no. Never in a thousand years would you ever have to change yourself, I love you. I love you more than anyone in all the realms, more than the sea itself." He silenced her crying with his lips, holding her impossibly close to him as he feels her hot tears on his cheeks. 

Emma gripped onto him like her life depended on it.

"The only reason I haven't asked you to marry me yet was because I wanted it to be special for you. I wanted to make it a night that you would remember for the rest of your life, and only for happy reasons. I wanted to make it the best I possibly could for you," Killian explained, dropping little kisses on her cheek, nose, and back to her lips. 

He let his hands rest on her waist as he held her impossibly close to him, staring down into her jaded green eyes. 

"I ruined everything," Emma whispered, getting lost in his eyes, shaking her head as she began to back away. "I ruin everything," she said, tears piling behind her eyes again. "And I can't do anything right! I can't even stop crying like some fucking baby! All I do is mess up!" She yelled at herself, running off in the opposite direction.

"Emma, wait! Emma!" Killian called, running after her. 

He caught up to her, grabbing her arm.

"Let me go," she cried, tears spilling from her eyes.

"Emma. Come here," he insisted, pulling her into his arms.

She halfheartedly fought him, punching lightly onto his chest until she was only sobbing exhaustedly onto his shirt.

"I can't do this anymore, I can't do anything right," she sobbed. He tightened his hold on her, holding her as close as he possibly could.

"Can't do what, Emma?" he asked softly.

"I don't know! Anything, everything!" she cried, stiffening up in her grip, she pulled away, turning to sit at the water's edge with her arms wrapped around herself as tears continued to pour down her cheeks. 

"What's got you so worked up, love? What's really stressing you out? Please, just tell me."

She looked up staring at him right up into his eyes.

The eyes she fell in love with the moment they met her own.

The eyes that could comfort her always. 

The eyes that could read her like an open book any day. 

"I'm pregnant."

**********************************************************

I FEEL SO LIKE.... I DON'T EVEN KNOW BUT THAT WAS SO FUN TO WRITE. THERE WILL BE MORE EXPLANATION IN THE NEXT CHAPTER.

I hope you all found it interesting! :) If not, let me know how it could've been better?

Love you all!

~Your R.M.B Queen.