Chapter 16: Neal

Hey everyone! This chapter is a bit shorter than usual, (about 2300 words) I'm sorry I didn't have any time to make it longer. But nonetheless, please do take the time to vote and comment :) Thanks guys, enjoy!

Emma's P.O.V:

"Neal?" 

The man looks up from his menu, straight into my eyes. It's really him. After all these years.

"Emma," he whispers, a look in his eye I haven't seen since before he started treating me like his maid. 

"What- what are you doing here?" I ask him.

"The name of this place, the Jolly Roger, it uh, reminded me of a kind of a friend I had as a kid. I was hoping to get a drink but I think we have some catching up to do," he says with half a smile.

"Neal, I don't know. I don't think that's the best idea. You set me up for a crime you committed, treated me like I was just 'the help'. I loved you once, I really did, but that's gone now. I have someone else. Someone who loves me just as much as I love them."

"Emma as much as I wronged you, I did love you. Still do, and probably always will. At least give me a chance to explain why I did what I did?" I look into his eyes and see something. That love filled look he used to give me. I look back down.

"You've got five minutes, I can take my break. After that, we'll see what happens." He nods gratefully.

"Emma... wow, where to start huh? I know, I was horrible to you. I made you clean, cook, do everything. Do things that normally would be done by like, what three maids? I set you up for a crime, landed you in jail, but Emma I had a reason. I know you won't completely understand, but hear me out. Emma I was holding you back. I didn't want to break your heart, I wanted you to leave me. Somebody gave me a reality check that you have so much ahead of you and I was standing in the way of that. I just... I was too chicken to just break up with you, so I tried to get you to break up with me. I could live with you hating me if it meant you could... how do I say this, live up to your potential," he explains.

"Let me get this straight. You treated me like crap and landed me in jail because you wanted me to 'live up to my potential', seriously right now?! You think that's gonna cut it?!"

"Emma I don't expect forgiveness at all, in fact I'm ready for you to hate me for the rest of our lives. But that doesn't change that fact that what I'm saying is true. Use your super power, you know I'm not lying." I stare at him hard for a moment before answering with a scowl.

"Neal, just because you believe something is true doesn't necessarily mean that it is, okay? Now please... just go okay? I don't wanna turn this into some sort of huge ordeal with police and my protective boyfriend so just.... please just go. I don't want to see you right now, or well maybe ever."

"Emma-"

"Please." He sighs, nodding and rising to get up. 

"I'll see you," he mumbles, leaving the bar. I head back to the counter, thoroughly shaken. I decide to stay behind the counter for the rest of the night, suddenly realizing that Killian isn't where I'd left him.

Killian's P.O.V:

I spot Emma talking to a man who looks quite familiar. He rises and starts to leave the store and Emma heads back to the counter. I approach the man before he can leave, suddenly realizing who it is. I tap his shoulder, and when he turns around, a look of surprise comes across his face. I signal for him to stay quiet and lead him outside so we can talk.

"Hook?!"

"Baelfire."

"No wonder this place is called the Jolly Roger! How are you man!"