Chapter 3: Gohan's Transformation

"Piccolo!" V yelled at him irritated, that was the fifth time he hit her with those stupid eye lasers.

"Quite complaining, you can take a hit but your skill is still nonexistent, you're going to need to get a lot better and a lot faster if you want to defeat your friends." Piccolo folded his arms and stared down at his battered student.

"They aren't my friends." V climbed back to her feet, her body felt numb it feels just like what Raditz used to do, not as strong though she settled back into stance and watched him. She moved in watching as his lasers shoot out again and again barely missing her by an inch. There was a rhythm she had to find, Vegeta talked about it, find your rhythm he had said to her once, once when he and Nappa had a little too much of the native's drink She laughed to herself, they had actually been nice to her that time.

"Focus!" Piccolo snapped zapping the space her feet had just been. He continued the endless onslaught of lasers and blasts. V danced around the scarred ground, pushing off the ground as soon as she landed with her hands her feet and even her tail. It felt like hours to V, it had to have been hours because the sun had traveled from the horizon to the middle of the sky by the time Piccolo stopped and looked over in the direction Gohan was in. V tried to feel him out like he had been telling her to do but so far the only energy signal she was familiar with was Piccolo's.

"That's enough for now, go catch yourself some lunch, I can hear your stomach growling." Piccolo took off into the sky.

"Food!" V cheered running off into the forest. She felt the confidence in her steps now, she was stronger, faster even. Maybe we can beat them V thought "Maybe I won't die!" she cheered diving over the water fall. She sliced through the water as smooth as a fish, surfacing she looked to the sky "I'll show you!" she yelled "I'll show both of you." She dove deep into the water, a big fish swam just up ahead "ooh, my favorite." Bubbles escaped her mouth as she swam after it, the fish never saw it coming.

Gohan was still on top of the rock, Piccolo was ready to push him off just to show him he would be fine. "Can't intervene again." Piccolo sighed and cast one more glance at the boy before flying back to V He'll learn, one way or another he'll learn Piccolo thought with a vengeance one day that kid will be my enemy and I'm going to make sure he's worthy of being called such.

V was cooking her fish by the time Piccolo got back to her.

"You're not finished eating yet?" he growled.

"Just because you don't eat doesn't mean I don't need food." V snapped back "Nemekians." She muttered tearing into her fish. Piccolo couldn't even watch, how could a child that small eat so much?

"There, you've eaten." Piccolo snapped "back to training."

"You don't understand the saiyan diet, do you?" V asked following after him anyway.

"That fish was three times your size, you can't possibly still be hungry." Piccolo growled, when did the demon king become a thing to be mocked by a four year old girl?

"I can eat at least four fish that size, but I'll wait until tonight." V folded her hands behind her head and trailed along beside Piccolo.

Training consisted of more laser and blast dodging. Piccolo caught the slight smile on her face as V slowly discovered what she could do. I doubt she was even aware of how strong she was before Piccolo mused turning up the heat incredible, one of the strongest opponents I've ever met and she has no idea V appeared directly in front of Piccolo, a blast charged in her hands, she seemed just as surprised as Piccolo when he found her there. She let the blast dissipate and landed at his feet.