Stars See Everything.

Dedicated to literally anyone except Malia Tate BC no. I'm so angry.

......................................................

Kisses under starry night skies, talked about in song, we play along, so bitter sweet by our design. -The Girl's A Straight Up Hustler, ATL.

Lydia Martin did not sulk. Proven fact. She didn't sulk when she got a B- on her fifth grade science project, or when she had to quit ballet to move to San Francisco. She didn't sulk when she lost her virginity to a guy who never spoke to her again, or when her boyfriend of two years dumped her out of the blue. She didn't even sulk when her parents got divorced and when she had to endure months of custody battles at the age of fifteen.

Bottom line: Lydia Martin did not show weakness. Period. Which is why, when Stiles said that he would forget about kissing her, even though her heart had dropped into her stomach like a frozen stone, she hadn't told him that him forgetting was the last thing she wanted. Instead, she had smiled cordially, and let out a breath of fire to the stars, with the feeling that they were watching her.

After all, stars see everything.

They stayed on the roof for a few hours, talking and laughing, both of them ignoring the sinking feeling in the pits of their stomachs. Their moment was over, but how was either of them to forget about it when it was painted on the inside of their eyelids?

At around four in the morning, the red coals of L.A. had cooled, leaving behind black charcoal shells of buildings. Lydia's makeup had gone from perfect, to melted, to frozen on her face, smudged and cakey. The cool October air had dropped to almost thirty degrees, and even though both of them had warm clothes, they were freezing.

Coming indoors after being outside in the cold was a feeling unparalleled by anything. Lydia stopped by a heating vent to warm her hands, feeling the cold leech out and warmth set her fingers alight. "I am going home, having a shower without the use of the cold tap, putting on three layers of clothing, making something to drink that uses a kettle, adding another five blankets to my bed, and-" Lydia yawned hugely. "-going to sleep." She said, blinking to stay awake.

"Sounds like a plan." Stiles said, warming his hands along with her. "You know, to conserve body heat, campers would often sleep holding each other." He paused. "Naked." He added, wiggling his eyebrows at her.

Lydia slapped his arm. "Lucky we aren't camping then, huh Stilinski?" She said, all eyelashes and innocence. "Not really the word I'd use." Stiles winked at her, starting to walk down the hallway. "Hey!" Lydia walked after him. "You can't just start making jokes like that just because-" She cut herself off. Damn. Stiles cut her a sideways glance, noticing the way her cheeks were much more pink than normal.

"Because why, Lydia?" He stopped them both, looking at her with eyes full of triumph, mischief, and..... was that.... desire? She looked at him coldly, her heartbeat betraying her eyes. "You know damn well why." She said, starting down the hall without waiting for him.

And right there was the perfect display of Lydia Martin when she got upset. She didn't get sad and cry, she let her temper heat her up and used a gaze more devastating than a flamethrower to express her emotions.

He caught up to her in two steps, thanks to his aggravatingly long legs. "Lyd." He reached out to touch her shoulder. "I was just kidding. I'm sorry if I upset you." His eyes, the exact color of melted chocolate, were regretful. He actually was sorry. Lydia rolled her eyes. "Whatever." She said shortly.

They walked back down to the apartment in a heavy silence. Lydia knocked three times. "If you idiots are naked right now, you have exactly thirty seconds to get un-naked." She announced through the door. She avoided looking at Stiles while silently counting to thirty.

They discovered Scott and Kira asleep on the sofa, him sitting with one arm supporting his head, and her using his shoulder as a pillow. Fully clothed, thank God. Lydia had seen Kira naked before, (skinny dipping in the aqua-bottomed pool at their hotel while on spring break junior year.) and Scott she honestly didn't care about, but she knew that Kira would be horrified if Stiles had seen her naked.

Stiles was staring at his best friend like he had been replaced by an alien. "He's... sleeping with her. And he hasn't actually slept with her." Stiles said, still staring. "So?" Lydia shrugged off her coat, bracing herself for the loss of body heat. "So Scott doesn't do that. Literally not once in his entire life. He doesn't get attached to girls." Stiles explained, noting the way they had fallen asleep holding hands. Scott doesn't hold hands with anyone.

Lydia walked to the kitchen, filling the kettle. "Stiles, you realize that is my best friend you are talking about." She turned to look at him. "She's not some vapid slut that would let a guy take advantage of her. Ever think that maybe that's what he likes about her?" Lydia realized the double meaning of her words the second they were out of her mouth. I'm not some vapid slut either. Ever think maybe that's what you like about me?

Stiles was too distracted by the foreign sight in front of him to notice her almost break a mug doing a double take on what she had said. "I'm going to take a shower." She said, hurrying out of the room.

In the bathroom, Lydia spent several minutes staring at her lips in the mirror. Full, pouty, cupid's bow lips that didn't look any different than they had yesterday, but they felt like it. Numb, from cold or something else, she wasn't sure. and the feeling of an underlying electricity in them, like a thousand tiny live wires were buried in her lips.

The shower was better than she had imagined, each of her hands being slowly set on fire and coming to life again. The top of her spine, her arms, thighs, everywhere felt like it had been frozen for years, now being thawed in fast motion. Scrubbing off her makeup was calming, and the sense of being clean of that night was unbelievably comforting. You're still you. Look in the mirror, Lydia. Nothing has changed.

She glanced down at her skin, pink and tender from the scalding water, and sighed. Having a boiling hot shower wasn't her best idea. After reluctantly slathering herself in peach body lotion, she made herself a cup of tea, decaf. Stiles had draped a huge comforter over the couple on the couch, so she decided to finally call it a night. At five in the morning. She turned out the lights on her way to her room.

And there, waiting faithfully in her bedroom, was her pillow. Lydia buried herself in her comforter for a moment, before sitting up to drink her tea. She was halfway through when there was a soft knock on her door.

Stiles, looking adorable and disheveled and hot at once, stood awkwardly in her doorway. He was staring at his hands, long, thin pianists fingers fumbling over each other. "Lydia." He said, still looking down. "I wanted to tell you.... I mean, I wanted to say-" I don't want to pretend I never kissed you. He looked up at her and stopped, changing his mind mid-sentence. "Uh... goodnight."

Lydia looked at him strangely, before leaning in to press her lips to his cheek. "Goodnight, Stiles." She smiled softly at him, green eyes like a cat's in the dark room. So she wasn't angry with him anymore, which was good, considering the only thing on Stiles' mind was the same thought, over and over again.

This isn't over.

........................................................

1. Was that lyric not perfect for this chapter? Because I think it was. :)

2. ZALI LIVES IN AUSTRALIA. ZALI BARELY UNDERSTANDS THE WORDS "Cold October." DO YOU KNOW HOW HOT IT IS HERE BY OCTOBER?

3. I changed the cover photo! I like this so much more oh my god. I love how everyone else has really cool covers with actual, y'know, words on it, and I'm just over here like HAVE A PICTURE OF DYLAN AND HOLLAND BEING CUTE.

4. The sciraaaaa oh my god I love writing it. But this is a Stydia fic, just reminding y'all. (am I sounding at all American? don't answer that.)

5. ITS PAST 3AM I'M SO DELIRIOUSLY TIRED I WAS LITERALLY JUST WRITING HOW I WAS FEELING. I AM COLD, AND I AM TIRED. I AM GOING TO SLEEP.

6. Sorry for the complication of updating this, I'm hoping everyone can read it now. :)

Anywhooo that's it for now, was a bit of a transition chapter, between night and morning. I wanted to write in a few ideas, so I DID. :)

Comment/Vote!!!!!

-Zali Xx