Mischief, Mayhem and Kira Yukimura.

Dedicated to kyrock7 for some lovely feedback. <3

...........................................................

An hour later, Stiles let himself into the apartment, unable to wipe the smile off his face. Over the past sixty minutes, he and Scott had discussed his situation in an incredible amount of detail.

Normal guys their age wouldn't be able to spend twenty minutes talking about ways to get Lydia to admit her feelings. Stiles and Scott were used to plotting and planning, especially in the context of keeping said plotting a secret.

And so, they had come to the conclusion that the best plan would be for Stiles to act like he would normally, but a lot more informed. They had spent a lot of time thinking of subtle ways to prod Lydia into potentially romantic scenarios, but decided against it. Lydia was smart enough to figure out what they were up to.

So, Stiles was to carry on as normal, except now, he would know what Lydia's reactions to certain things would be. Subtle manipulation was a bit of a dick move, he had to admit. But it would probably work. He hoped.

Over the next few days, Stiles spent a lot of his energy flirting with Lydia, and occasionally, she would genuinely flirt back. Neither of them really had a reason to leave the apartment, since both were studying most of the time.

Because of this, they had gotten to know each other unusually fast, with the exceptions being Lydia not talking about her friends other than Kira, and Stiles refusing to enter the subject of his parents. Or parent. But Lydia didn't know that. They got along well, and Lydia enjoyed having someone to talk to that she didn't have to dumb herself down for, even a little bit. Stiles was awkward and clumsy, but he was smart.

Even though she had Stiles for company, when the knock on the apartment door sounded on Saturday morning, Lydia was there in less than five seconds, throwing herself into the arms of a petite girl with small, elfin features and hair so black it was almost blue, pulled away from her narrow face in pigtails, which Stiles was pretty sure was a statement made in irony.

The only thing that kept her from resembling a child was the spark in her eyes. The promise of mischief and mayhem. A small frame, lithely muscled and hung with a blue mini dress and a leather jacket. Stiles decided that he had finally found the girl that might hold his best friend's interest for more than a week.

She broke out of Lydia's death grip on her to fly at Stiles. To his shock, her arms wrapped around his waist in a hug. Stiles turned to stone until she let go, smiling up at him brightly, delicate, almond shaped eyes with black irises flickering like coals.

"You must be Stiles." She said, her voice controlled, like she had practiced saying it. "I've heard so much about you!" Lydia internally groaned. Really, Kira? "Ignore her." Lydia said,  walking over. "She has the face of an angel and the social skills of a three year old." She winked at her best friend, an old gesture that simply said 'Just go with it.'

Kira shrugged. "She's right." She agreed, laughing. "Lyd, come help me get my bags?" Kira said, returning the wink while heading for the door, so Stiles didn't see. Shutting the door behind her, Lydia faced Kira, jumping up and down and suppressing a very girly squeal, she was sure.

"Walk first, talk second." Lydia instructed, already halfway down the hallway. They barely made it down the first flight of stairs before Kira exploded. "He's so cute! Oh my god, why didn't you tell me he was that cute?" She barely touched the ground as she walked. Lydia snorted. "I did, dummy. Remember?" Kira shook her head.

"No, you said he was hot. Not cute. And that boy cannot pull off hot. He's just... ugh, perfect for you." She calmed down enough to walk at the same pace as Lydia. "Okay, one, you haven't seen him shirtless and two, not helpful, Kye." Lydia rolled her eyes as they reached the ground floor, where Kira's cherry red luggage was waiting.

"Whatever. Wait, can you see the Hollywood sign from here?" Kira ran outside excitedly. "I've always wanted to see the h-OT DAMN there is some talent in L.A." Kira interrupted herself, sidetracked by a random guy walking down the street. Lydia didn't bother looking. She already had guy problems. "Sure. Can we go inside now?" Lydia asked, shivering in the cool October air.

Kira took a moment to tear her eyes away from the anonymous hottie, before following Lydia back inside. "So what's going on with him, anyway?" Kira asked, hauling a suitcase up two steps. "I'm perfectly sure I don't know what you mean." Lydia responded, deadpan.

"And I'm perfectly sure that you're full of shit." Kira shot back, grinning. "Tell me everything." Lydia sighed. "Nothing. Nothing is going on, and I don't know what to think. He's acting totally normal, but there's still.... something."

"So he's figured something out then." Kira said slowly. Lydia shot her a look. "What are you talking about?" She asked. "Seriously? The genius hasn't seen this? Lyd, he was acting completely different at the start of the week, right?" Kira asked, suddenly fierce in her mannerisms, almost restless. "Right..." Lydia muttered.

"So now he's hiding that behind a façade." Kira said slowly, the teacher in her coming out. "Why would he suddenly change his behavior?" She asked, waiting for Lydia to figure it out. "Kye, I'm not up for games."Lydia said. "Just spell it out for me." Kira sighed.

"He. Knows. That you know. He likes you." Kira said, exaggerating her pauses. Lydia knit her eyebrows together. "No... he couldn't. I haven't said or done anything to make him think that." She said, thinking through the past week. Kira rolled her eyes.

"You must have. What about when you called me? Could he have heard?" Lydia shook her head. "No way. I made the call on the seventh floor. Its not physically pos-" Lydia stopped mid sentence, remembering that day. Kira slapped her arm. "What?" Lydia thought it over for a minute, until everything clicked.

"Scott." She finally said. "When I came back to the apartment, I wasn't even there for a minute before Scott was at the door. I heard him tell Stiles that he knew something. What if that was it?" She said excitedly. "He could have been coming up the stairs, heard me, stopped around the corner and listened to our entire conversation. I never would have known." She said, knowing she was right but praying that she wasn't.

She was close. Scott had been on the second floor, using his werewolf hearing abilities to listen in. Of course, Lydia didn't know that.

"So what are you going to do about it?" Kira asked. At that, Lydia smiled her trademark smirk. Predatory, secretive and with the glittering allure of broken glass. "Nothing." She said.

"Nothing at all."

............................................................

Hey guys! I had a severe case of writers block, plus I had no ideas for any cute Stydia scenes, until I came up for one that I'm hoping will be in the next chapter.

1. Enter the kitsune! I loved writing Kira's introduction, as Arden is gorgeous and I haven't really had the opportunity to describe a female character yet.

2. FYI, since Lydia moved away from Beacon Hills before all of the crazy shiz with Peter went down, (more on that later) she isn't a banshee. Kira is still a kitsune, as it was genetics that made her what she is. And as Scott and Stiles were living in Beacon Hills pre-L.A. Scott is a werewolf. Jackson was never a kanima though, so my timeline around S2 is a bit messed up.

3. I hope you are all appreciating the fast updates, but please know that I am on my two week winter break, and that is the only reason I have been able to pump out chapters. I will try try try to do weekly updates when school goes back, but no promises.

4. Dun dun!!!! K and L figured out the boy's game. "What now?" You may be asking. I guess you will just have to stay tuned to find out. *wink*

5. Obviously, personality development depends on what you go through as a person. Which is why I have made Scott into sort of a player in this. Think about it. When he was bitten, Scott became the school sports star. If not for Allison having his undivided attention, he would have had girls dripping off him. And Scott never met Allison. She stayed in San Fransisco, where she went to school with Kira, but they were never really friends. Lydia moving to SF changed everything, and the three were really close until... well. Anyways, I am planning on putting that in the story, but I wanted to explain so you guys aren't sitting there like "WTF?"

Sorry for the long Author's notes! Please please promo!

-Zali Xx