Chapter 3: Outside The Forest

Well, after a couple of days, we finally made it out of the forest.

The reason why it took so long was the massive amounts of problems happening while we were leaving the forest. It wasn't just the hunters that we were facing before.

There were disputes between animals, wounded animals, infected animals, and more. And, being the Druid Guardian, it was my responsibility to help all of them.

Due to me helping all the animals in need, we spent alot of time in the forest. If I didn't aid every animal in need, we might've been able to leave the forest much sooner.

Well, can't fret over the past. All I can do now is look forward.

Once we were out of the forest, we saw a vast grassland as far as the eye could see. We then saw what looked to be a road made for travelers.

The road wasn't like the typical path you would usually use. What we were looking at was a dirt road, instead of a concrete trail that you'd see cars drive on.

Well, considering that I'm in a fantasy world now, I shouldn't be surprised. Looking at my surroundings and retaining the information that Kuma gave me, this world should be in its medieval era.

Knowing this, I'm assuming that there's no advanced weaponry like guns or missiles. I don't see tall, massive buildings at the moment but I can't rule that out just yet.

"Yay! We're out of the forest! Let's get moving!"

Dove was excited to explore the world, outside her forest. She was about to fly off to see what was ahead, but I stopped her before she could travel too far.

"Hey, what's the big idea?" Dove chirped at me.

"We don't know what's out there. Until we get a clear understanding of this world's society, I can't allow you to roam around free."

Dove was about to say something, but she kept her beak shut. She then perched herself on my shoulder to refrain from flying on her own.

That's when I started to walk the dirt path. It was uncertain how long we were going to be on the road, but I'm sure it won't take long.

While we were walking the dirt road, Dove decided to chat her beak off.

"What do you think the city's like?"

"I'm guessing like a city."

"What do you think the people will be like?"

"Like people, I guess."

". . . Could you at least try to have a conversation with me?"

"That depends on whether or not your questions are worth discussing."

It seems that that last comment pissed Dove off because she started to peck my head. I thought you were a hawk, not a woodpecker.

After surrendering to Dove's pecking, we then started to discuss what was going to happen when we arrived at the city.

"So, Kuma told you that you should explore the world and help people, right?"

"That's correct."

"Then, what are you going to do?"

"Well, that's decided when we find out what the situation is going to be."

"Meaning?"

"Meaning if the situation is out of our league, then we bail."

"Huh? Why would we run?"

I was about to tell Dove that it was because I wasn't ready, but I knew Dove wouldn't accept that. What should I say?