Chapter 11: The Third Encounter

Geez, this guy's insanely rich.

Judging from all the furniture and house's interior, he's not your ordinary noble. All of his belongings look expensive to the point where they should be in a museum.

The walls and floors looked freshly polished too! Considering how big his house is on the inside, it would take at least seven to ten maids at the most to clean the halls.

I want to live here. After all this is over, I'm going to do everything in my power to make this mansion mine.

While I was sneaking around the mansion, some guards walked passed me. They didn't notice me because I was invisible.

I was able to turn invisible by using [Invisibility Mist]. It may sound complex or something only I can use, but it's a simple spell that any nature magician can use.

Anyway, as I walked towards the guards, I thought about what to do. If I don't take care of them, they might cause me inconvenience later on.

But, if I do take them down, it might alert the others.

. . . But, there would be no guards to alert if all of them were knocked out.

With that settled, I followed the two guards. I wanted to take them down quickly, but I wanted to see if we run into other guards.

This way, I'll take out more of them. I'm not worried about raising alarms and whatnot because I can just put them to sleep with [Sleep Mist].

I was following the guards for a few minutes until we came to a door. One of the guards knocked on the door, and it opened to reveal a total of four guards inside.

The guard that I was following then closed the door and continued their patrol. This room might come in handy.

An idea popped into my head, and I soon took action. Once those guards were far enough away from the door, I crept over to them and used [Sleep Mist].

It would be simpler to kill them, but without good reason, I'm still hesitant. After I knocked out the two guards, I went over to the door where the other four were.

I could surely take them down by using my mist like before, but I wanted to practice my other skills.

Hmm, let's try my animal communication skills. I then use Telepathy and called out to any animals out there.

That's when I started hearing hissing in the halls. They were getting closer, and I could feel bloodlust.

That's when I saw the creatures that answered my call. It was the snakes.

There were a couple of them, and they were a little bigger than your average snake. Which was perfect for this situation.

By now, the guards will be curious about the hissing noise and will likely investigate. What I plan to do is take them down one by one.

"Alright, guys, If anyone comes out of that door, restrain them, but don't kill them."

The snakes followed my orders and waited for the moment to attack. As for me, I used [Invisibility Mist] and watched the scene unfold.

As soon as the door opened, two guards emerged from the room. Once they were far enough away from the door, I closed it.

The guards were confused at first, but that confusion was soon replaced with fear when they saw the snakes. Before they could scream, the snakes started to wrap around them.

All you could hear was grunting and muffling sounds. I could also hear a few bones breaking, but I'm sure it's okay.

As long as the snakes didn't crush the skull and or punctured a lung or heart, it should be safe.