Chapter 34

*Selena's POV*

The morning sun settled around the room, the lovely breeze of the morning entering the room from the balcony's opened doors. Today, the serenity was coherent and from the upcoming events which surround itself with unpredictable actions, I think it was needed.

I stared at the contract I managed to obtain yesterday, holding back the sheepish grin that just wanted to escape from how joyous this moment was. It was steady, the paper still crisp as if I had signed yesterday. This revenge-seeking characteristic was definitely not my usual traits, far from who I really was. Kill people with kindness usually is the moto. It was the same for my mother. I don't think I ever felt so enraged to do something this extreme. But sadly, I also had my dads patience at times that really test who I am and my ability to retain these negative outputs. This was potentially my ideal revenge on Michael for trying to fuck with a Gomez, particularly myself.

But as much as I held onto this hope that this single piece of paper would ultimately change my life with Justin, I had to keep in mind that my luck was usually always minimal - clearly from my bad selection with men. I didn't want to get my expectations up too high to be ending up drowning in my own disappointment from too much optimism.

"Babe, can you pass us the hairspray? I think it's on the table on my side of the bed." I hear Justin shout from the conjoining bathroom.

I lean over towards his side of the bed and instantly pick up, shaking the nearly-empty can. I glide out of bed swiftly as I enter the bathroom which was fogged up with the invisible smells of cologne, deodorant and faint coconut aromas from the shampoo and conditioner set. It was divine, but how he was standing there in the midst of it, not choking his guts up was beyond me. My lungs were filled from the moment I met the threshold. 

"Here you go, but we need some more," I say with a smile. I walk past him and don't think twice about opening the windows just to clear the air and let the fresh, crisp breath of mother nature in the place.

I look at Justin - fully suited up in a navy blue two-piece that was tight in all the right places for my gaze and an average black tie that was pressed firmly against the top button on his white shirt. He sprayed a generous amount of hair spray to his hair after shaking the canister, his hand using soft movements to push back the few sparse hairs that fell down towards his forehead. Everything had to be in a fixated position.

"You look good." I admire him with a smirk. I could feel myself getting turned just a little by his attire. I had a big admiration for him in a suit - tight ones in particular.

"Oh, I know." Well, that was a mood killer.

"Are you going to tell me why you are getting yourself glammed up for?" I say. Before he could even think of answering, my hand dramatically slaps on top of my chest while I pull a bewildered expression with a sharp, audible gasp. He just stares at me blankly. "Are you going to do a striptease for me?"

"You wish, Selena." A deep chuckle left his lips as he continued his routine. I decide to sit down on the bathtub side as I observed him contently. He peers into the mirror before giving himself a grin of satisfaction.

"Well?"

"I have a job interview in an hour so I thought I better get a head start. You know what I'm like with being late." He bends forward to look at the blemishes he didn't obtain, again pushing back the single strands of hair that had a world of their own.

"I didn't know you had a job interview today," I say, thinking back to the possible mention of it. "What's it for?"

"A digital marketing executive for some clothing company. I think it's for Gucci but I could be wrong." He pulls up the tie to the top button near his neck and adjusts it accordingly. "All I remember is it's some high-end fashion brand so I need to make a good impression."