Chapter 30

Selena's POV

No position or amount of trying could have made me have a decent amount of sleep. I didn't sleep a wink last night. I hoped the nightmare I was living in was the real dream, but in fact, it wasn't. The snoring of one girl beside me and the loud chirping of the harmonious, annoying birds made that pretty apparent.

My eyes remained open, staring straight up at the wall. I knew to the left of me was the sealed wedding dress ready for the next few hours while the right side had the bridesmaid dresses and a few floral arrangements on the windowsill. I felt nauseous just at the thought.

Demi, Ariana and I made ourselves comfortable in one of the guest rooms on their very stern request that they didn't want to leave me by myself at such a time. I feared if I was left alone, the build-up of emotion would overflow eventually as I was trying so hard to keep it all together so I didn't detest.

After that revelation, a night out was instantly out of the question, I cried hysterically to them both, confused and hurt. After, I just shut myself off in severe denial that I was okay but really I don't think my heart had ever felt this broken. Michael may not have had my heart in its full entirety but I trusted him, I gave him parts of me I didn't know I could. But now my eyes had no tears left to cry, my heart was no longer able to feel pain - it was completely numbed out.

In the end, all three of us collapsed on the bed as their veins ran with too much sympathy I could take. Everything they said was calculated in case they'd hurt me. Demi didn't even curse for the entire night because she didn't want to risk an upset.

"Selena?" The sweet voice of Ariana beside me awakens as she stretches out of the body, trying not to disturb a peaceful Demi on the other side. I turned a little so I could face her more but not enough that I could see the sympathetic look that was on her face - I didn't need to look at her completely to know that.

"Yeah?"

"Are you awake?"

"Yeah." I simply respond, my hands intertwining as they relax on my chest lightly. Anxiously my fingers began to play with each other as my concentration went back to the day that hasn't even started yet.

"I know it's a stupid question but how are you feeling?" I could hear her release of air after she spoke. With all honesty, I didn't know how I was feeling, excluding tired. I don't think I had a definition for this kind of feeling and if there was a word for it, I hoped no one would ever encounter it.

"I have no idea what I'm going to do Ari." I wanted to sink in a pit full of self-pity and throw a pillow over my face. Instead, I just sigh just to let something out. Maybe it could be a metaphor of some kind.

"You aren't going to marry that asshole, are you?" She says seriously as she thrusts herself up, towering over my body.

"Of course not. I'm not that stupid." I said with a faint eye roll just thinking about the events of today. "But I still don't know what to do."

"What do you mean?"

With all the energy I managed to consume, I pull myself up next to Ariana and she gives me a half-smile which somehow does calm a few nerves. "I mean, I have family coming from Mexico, Italy and all across the country and I cannot let them down. But I cannot let him get away with this is. I need to think of a plan or something to break even with all of this."

Quietly, she hums in concentration.

"I have an idea but I don't know if you'll like it or not." Demi startles is both with her hoarse voice as she stretches her body out of its slumber.

"God, Demi." Her hand slaps onto her chest as she catches her breath. "You could have given us a warning you were awake," I swear I could hear her heart thumping rapidly from the initial shock of Demi's slick awakening. I admit that was probably the most real smile I had given since last night.