Coffee shop

Your pov

10 more minutes till the end of your shift... To be honest, you're kind of over this day. Today is Thursday, the only day you work from 6am to 8pm. This was supposed to be a job for maybe 10 hours a week, just so you wouldn't be bored out of your mind, but it turned out to be basically full-time.

You still live with your parents and little sister in Downtown Miami while the coffee shop you work at is somewhere in Little Havana, Miami. Your parents are definitely worried about you, them being one of those upper-class, overprotective people.

When it was finally the end of your shift, you go to the back to change out of your work clothes and let your colleagues handle the new customers. You grab one last coffee on the house and walk around the counter, to the exit.

You collide with something - or I guess someone - and hear a faint 'shit that's hot'. You look up and see your coffee spilled all over someone's shirt.

"Shit, I'm so sorry! Here let me help you up." You say, giving her a hand to pull her up.

Just when she said "thanks..." you notice how pretty this girl is. Long, wavy, brown hair that flows over her shoulders, big brown eyes, defined jawline, cute nose... Just perfect.

To avoid further awkwardness, you decide to speak up again. "Let me get you a clean shirt real quick! I should have another one in the back, if you'd like?"

"That would be perfect" The girl says with a faint smile on her face.

You get back with your shirt and see the girl sitting in one of the booths by the window. The light makes her eyes look goldish. God why am I this obsessed? "Here you go, can I get you something from the shop?" you say, handing her your shirt.

"Are you sure that's okay? I mean I already have your shi-"

"I insist" You say, even though you would definitely have to pay for it yourself.

You see the girl struggling to decide, but she finally gave in. "How about a simple coffee?".

-----

You come back a minute later with two coffees. You hand her one and sit down on the other side of the booth.

"So... Ehm... Hi, I'm Y/n" She chuckles at your awkward attempt to be social "I'm Camila, nice to meet you"

"Do you live around here Camila? I've never seen you around here?" You ask.

"Yeah, like ten minutes away? I think. I just don't come here on Thursdays I guess... Normally on Fridays, after picking my sister up."

That explains why you haven't seen her before, you normally don't work on Friday, it being the only day - Sunday not included - you don't work.

"Oh okay, cool. How old is your sister?" Shit. Was I too direct..?

"She's 11, I'm just that girl who hangs out with kids basically half their age" She laughs. God, that laugh again.

"So, I guess you're my age then? I'm 22" You ask, still unsure how to make conversation.

"I'm 21 actually, but yeah kind of"

You look at each other for a few seconds, you looking in brown ones, Camila in your y/e/c ones.

You're just talking a bit when your manager speaks up to say it's closing time. You are surprised, not having noticed that you've been talking to this beautiful girl for almost two hours.

"I guess I should start walking home then." She then speaks up.

You do not want this girl walking through those streets alone, guess my parents have a point being concerned. Little Havana is definitely not the safest, especially not at night. So you just shoot your suggestion.

"I'll drive you home, Camila"

"Y/n, that's sweet, but it's not that far."

"I insist," There's that again. "You're not walking through the dark alone."

After some fighting back, not wanting to bother you even more, she gave in again.

"Okay, let's go"

So there she sits, on your passengers seat, wearing your shirt; the beautiful girl you bumped into at your crappy job.

-----

2 months later

"Happy 1-month anniversary babe!" You say, looking at your amazing girlfriend, sitting across from you in the same exact booth you two started talking...

_________

A/N

I'm just gonna give writing a shot, please don't be too hard on me

-iris