8

The GCPD was a mess. Officers were everywhere as they listed commands into phones about the evacuation that was still ongoing. It didn't click to her in that moment in her red haze, as she walked right on through the main lobby without a single man or woman noticing the small ticked off blonde with a purplish bruise on her cheek and a wooden bat in hand.

The cells were empty, which meant they either had transferred Valeska already which was unlikely, or had him in the interrogation room that she had frequented more than once not too long ago for theft charges. She could even recall being brought in for a murder that she was cleared of by a certain Detective that was now Captain of the GCPD. It was him who she kept an eye out for, knowing he would recognize her on sight. So when she entered the small corridor that led to the room, and saw the familiar silhouette of James Gordon, she quickly opened the door opposite and closed it behind.

Breathing a sigh of relief as his footsteps faded, but stilling as she heard the sound of a clip board behind dropped. Harleen turned around to see a dark skinned man in a rather nice suit, his eyes curious rather than alarmed at the crazy blonde before him.

"May I help you?"

She had to give him credit for not freaking out, so she shook her head with a fake smile. "Sorry. Thought this was the bathroom."

Maintaining eye contact she opened the door again and exited. Not particularly caring that she was about to get caught anyway. I mean, she was about to beat the infamous Jeremiah Valeska to a pulp, and that was bound to attract attention.

Tightening her grip on the bat, she opened the set of doors to the interrogation room, eyes meeting his instantly as she closed the door behind her slowly and locked it.

"What a surprise." His smirk remained on his pale face, which she was suprised to see was joined by several bruises that matched her own. His placid eyes flicked down to the bat in her hand. "I see you're not here for pleasantries."

"Spot on, clown." Harleen lunged forward and swung the bat down towards him, but he quickly jumped out of the way before her weapon hit the wall and sent a shock up through her arms.

"I'm offended." He raised his hands in fake innocence. "After you called me J, I swore we were starting to have a connection."

"The only connection is this bat splattering into your brains!" She swung again and again, Valeska barely keeping out of range in the enclosed room. "Fucking hurting me is fine, but Selina? To get to Wayne? That's a cheap dick move and you know it!"

Her next swing clipped his shoulder, and she noticed his small wince of pain as he grabbed it. "There's that conscious thing I was talking about." He pointed out, amused at her reaction as she tried to hit him again.

By that time the door was being kicked down, and suddenly a swarm of military officers flooded in with Detective Bullock in the lead and an unfamiliar man dressed head to toe in uniform. "Arrest her." He ordered. "And restrain him."

Two military officers grabbed hold of her arms, one wrenching the bat out of her hands as she saw two officers also restraining Valeska. Their grips were tight, but she easily kicked one in the balls before she was shoved to the ground. Hands quickly being handcuffed behind her as she was suddenly brought up to stand. The officers handing her off to Detective Bullock to lead her out. And she didn't miss that infuriating grin Valeska flashed her way before she was pushed out of the room and into the room opposite where that same man from earlier still remained.

"Harvey." He answered.

"Lucius." Detective Bullock sat her down in one of the metal chairs, and used another pair of handcuffs to cuff her to the chair. "Would you do me a solid? She just tried killing Valeska, and I'd rather keep her in here. The punk deserved it, but that Major Harlan doesn't seem to see that."

"Alright. Babysitting duty." Lucius clarified.

"Thanks, Lucius." Detective Bullock called over his shoulder as Harleen met the man's gaze.

"Looks like we meet again." He stated.

"Guess I can't use the same excuse." She smiled thinly.

Her revenge mission was now currently on hold.