Avenge With Inferno by harlequincross

SONG:  I See Fire

ARTIST: Ed Sheeran

REQUESTED BY: SmexyOddy

COACH: Fall

They say we don’t exist.

Humans. They keep on denying us. Keep pretending that our kind never existed.

But I know the truth. And they can’t deny the reality.

***

I woke up at the sound of my mother’s bellow. Her cry was full of anger and agony. The cool feeling of air that surrounded us frightened me. I couldn’t see anything. The back of my mother’s white wings blocked my sight. I was facing her back and she was staring into something by the opening of the cave we were staying in.

I rumbled, trying to get her attention. But she didn’t respond. Instead, she took a step forward, away from me.

“We will wipe you all out of this world,” the big voice said. It was full of anger. “The next generations will never find out about your kind. Your memories will be buried deep beneath the unseen places. We will make sure that you will never frighten our futur—”

My mother let out a loud roar and then I saw a huge flame lightened up the dark cave. It came from her mouth. I heard a loud wail, like the sound of someone burning in flame. My mother burned the foe in front her.

The cave went silent and the touch of air in my skin felt warm again. I felt safe.

Foes. They were humans. They kept on tracking us and then kill us with their long sharp weapons made of steel. I heard them calling it “swords”. Their swords killed a lot of us. We were thousands back then. Now, less than a hundred.

We were the first creatures lived in this planet. The humans were just second. We were the first to discover their kind and we didn’t do anything harmful to them. We just let them share this planet with us.

When people learned our existence and discovered our capabilities, they started killing us. They said that we were a dangerous kind. Our gift of emitting fire with our mouths frightened them. They believed that it was in our nature to kill people by burning them. That was not entirely true. It was in our nature to defend ourselves and killing people by burning them was just the side effect of it.

Getting revenge was never an option for my kin. We knew that if we do, the human race would be wiped out. That, we didn’t like. They were the only ones with sharp minds who could protect this planet. They should live.

We were lucky that we were still alive. My mother protected me. She was the protector of our kin. She was the oldest and the strongest of us. Maybe I wouldn’t live this long if it wasn’t for her. If she died, I wasn’t sure if I could protect myself.

I was about to sleep again but I saw my mother stumble. I came running to her with big steps but before I even get to her, she fell down to her side. I had no idea what happened to her. I just threw myself at her and wrapped my white wings around her.

I felt something hard poked my stomach. It was as cold as the night breeze. I jumped at my mother’s side to check it and the sight of that thing made me growl loud.

Sword, stuck in my mother’s chest.

I stared at her open eyes but I couldn’t see them the way they were before. It was just her two soulless eyes staring back at me and not her; not my mother, not her anymore. They killed her.