Shopping & Meeting Monsters

Start from the beginning

You asked concerned for him.

" Mm! I'm perfectly fine! I think I... just got caught up with my own thoughts! "

Liar. Those weren't his thoughts. He had no idea what the fuck that was...

" Oh? Are you sure? You seemed kinda... "

" Worried! "

He added, finishing your sentance for you.

" I began to worry about dinner tonight! That reminds me, we should check out so we can still have time to grocery shop and meet my friends! "

He said quickly turning around and swallowing down on his suddenly dry non-existent throat.

' Calm down. Just calm down '

He advised himself, walking up to the checkout register with you.

A tall pink cat worked the counter today. He had purple eyeshadow, black eyeliner, and wore a black band shirt.
He was pretty attractive for another species but ofcourse you weren't that interested in dating them.

You both smiled at eachother.

" Did you guys find everything okay? "

He asked beginning to scan items. You opened your mouth to answer but got interrupted by Sans.

" WE did just fine. Thanks for asking. How is your sister Catty? Still selling garbage in hotland? "

The skeleton smiled at them innocently.
The cat looked at you blushing, embarrassed that his family's business was being brought up in a public place infront of a stranger. Still, they decided to not make it a better deal than what it was.

" Erm... She's uhh doing fine, still struggling to find what she's good at I guess... "

They replied awkwardly, glancing at you.
You were abit stunned by Sans' choice of actions. It was rude and completely unnecessary.
You offered him an awkward smile, not knowing what to do in a situation like this. Were you supposed to side with a complete stranger or the person you did know?
Either way your smile didn't help at all because they just rolled their eyes.

" That'll be 80 G- "

Swap almost aggressively placed the bag of gold on the counter.

" Perfect! Bye! "

Sans called out, quickly directing you out of the store

" Hey what about your change...! "

The called out, the door shutting behind them.

" You judgemental bonehead... atleast MY older sister is trying to find a life... "

He muttered. He sat down in his chair and sighed, his day ruined...
That was until he realized Sans hadn't taken his change, he looked around and and stuck the money in his pocket, whistling casually.

You two walked out into the snow.

" What was that for? "

You asked Sans as he continued to drag you through the snow.

"Nothing"

He muttered, lowering his voice than usual.

" He asked how we did, I answered and asked how he was. Payed and left. Simple as that! "

He huffed, looking away from you.
He didn't dare looking into your beautiful eyes, knowing he wouldn't be able to lie.
You studied his tensed up shoulders, blue face and how he was talking...
His tone sounded sour and his grip on your hand was strong.
Your eyes widened and so did your smile, you then began to break out in laughter, He stopped in his tracks and looked at you.