Epilogue

Epilogue

[Two Years Later]

Kensi's POV

My alarm blared in my ear, waking me up instantly. I groaned, and slammed down on the snooze button. 

"Mornin' sunshine." whispered a groggy voice beside me. I turned over to find myself face to face with my husband of a year, partner in fighting crime, Marty Deeks.

"Did you set my alarm back an hour?" I asked, seeing the mischievous glint in his blue eyes. 

"Maybe." 

"I just might murder you." I snapped playfully and flipped back over so my back was too him. I heard Deeks chuckle and pull my body into his. He wrapped his arms around me and rested his chin on my shoulder. 

"You wouldn't murder your husband on your one year anniversary." 

"There are worse days to commit a crime." I retorted with a small smile. 

"Well, you definitely won't kill me when you see the amazing breakfast I've prepared for us. Pancakes, eggs, and bacon, and, of course, some donuts for the lady." Deeks said, and suddenly I was pulled from under the covers as Deeks picked me up bridal style and carried me out of the room. I laughed and wrapped my arms around his neck. He set me down on the couch, but as he was about to stand up I grabbed a fist-full of his t-shirt and pulled him down back on top of me. 

"I love you, Deeks." I muttered, and pressed my lips to his, smiling into the kiss. When we broke apart, he started to chuckle. 

"We've been together for how long, and you still call me Deeks. Kensi, do you even know my first name?"

"Are you going to complain or kiss your wife?" 

"Nevermind. You know what, Deeks doesn't bother me one bit."

After spending some time together on the couch, we ate breakfast and got dressed. As I was checking myself in the mirror near the door, I glanced down at the photographs on the table. The first was of Callen, Sam, Deeks, Nell, Eric, and me in the bullpen last Christmas. The one beside was a picture taken when we took a trip to Colorado two year ago. The weekend we got engaged. We were on a gondola heading up to the top of the mountain. I was laughing at something Deeks said, and he was looking at me with this look that I can only recognize now as love. The next two were more of us and the team, and the last one on the end was from our wedding. I insisted on just having a minimal ceremony at the courthouse, but my mother did not allow that at all. We ended up having a small wedding with close friends and family at a quiet beach Deeks likes to surf at. I actually loved  the wedding more than I expected. 

Deeks' hand met my waist as he stood next to me and looked at the same picture.

"One of the best days of my life. You looked beatiful and I looked damn good in my tux."

I laughed and shook my head. "You took off the coat and tie as soon as the ceremony was over."

"Looking that incredibly sexy is hard, Kens. It takes a lot out of a guy, and I needed to save some energy for the honeymoon." He wriggled his eyebrows. "Anyways, we should leave. The greater Los Angeles area isn't going to save itself from things within NCIS jurisdiction." 

I picked up my gym bag and Deeks and I headed out the door of our apartment, ready for the adventures this day would bring.

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*

I do not own NCISLA or any of the characters.

Twitter: @lovenchocolate