Chapter 57- Christmas

Chapter 57- Christmas (unrevised)

Kensi's POV

"I'm sorry, but there's nothing we can do now." Hetty sighed. 

"How did the FBI even claim jurisdiction?" Callen raged. Our case on finding Leer was handed over to the FBI. Of course, we were all majorly pissed at this.

"Misinformation is what gave the FBI the case. The ammo that was supposedly stolen from Pendleton was actualy taken from a military contracter storage unit off base. LAPD put in the report wrong."

Knowing that arguing wouldn't help, we all went back into the bullpen to sulk. 

"Now what do we do all day?" Deeks groaned and sat down in his desk chair. 

"You guys do paperwork!" Eric and Nell said in unison as they plopped stacks of paperwork in our inboxes. We all groaned.

"We didn't even finish the case. How the hell do we have paperwork?" Sam complained.

"This is from the last case. You just never did it." Nell laughed. 

"Wonderful." Deeks said and pulled a stack of paperclipped forms from his inbox onto his desk.

Once Eric and Nell were out of sight, we began talking amonst ourselves. None of us really wanted to actually do the paperwork, which is why we began acting like a bunch of gossiping teenagers.

"Do you think they've hooked up yet?" Deeks said, motioning to Eric and Nell.

"Everyone knows Eric has a thing for Nell." I added.

"But Nell herself. How are women always so oblivous to when a man likes her?" 

"Because men play with our minds too much. You call us and say a bunch of lovey stuff then igore us for a whole week. It's exhausting." I said, glancing to see if Callen and Sam were listening. My question was answered when Sam butt into the conversation.

"Okay, but women are worse than men. At we tell you straight up what we're feeling." 

"Yeah, and you never know what's going on a girl's mind." Callen smirked, crossing his arms. All the guys looked at me with amused stares. 

"Oh stop I do not play mind games like most other girls." 

Deeks let out a burst of laughter. "Are you kidding? I didn't know how you felt about me truly until Eric told me what was in your diary. You're one of the most confusing women I've ever been with!" He blurted out. My jaw dropped open.. My eyes narrowed, and I grabbed the collar of his shirt. Callen and Sam stepped back to watch the show forming before their eyes. 

"What do you mean 'Eric told you what was in my diary?'" I said. He gulped and looked over my shoulder at our teammates.

"Really? No help here?" 

"This one was all you." Sam laughed. Deeks' blue eyes met mine, and I almost laughed out loud at how nervous they looked. 

"Eric told me he read your diary, so I asked him what it said about me, and after bribing him with the new Call of Duty game he told me what you said." Deeks said, all in one breath. I let go of his shirt and marched up the stairs to the tech center. "Shit, Eric's in trouble." chorused behind me as I disappeared into the sliding doors. 

Eric's POV

I was laughing with Nell about a Java pop-up I put on Deeks' computer that will bring up a picture of Hetty every time he visits a dirty website, but our fun was interrupted by a very pissed off Kensi storming into the room. I immedially knew what she was here for. Before I could run and hide, she pinned me to the back of the chair and put her leg between my legs in prime potential pain position. I gulped and looked up at her dark eyes of anger.