Chapter 7: Wander

Start from the beginning

"I apologize for my fathers behavior, he has always been quick to judge." Jimin stated.

"I don't blame him, I mean I would doubt me too, but I would always listen to both sides of the story." You stated, a yawn escaping your mouth.

Jimin turned to face you, taking in your features which were lit by the moonlight. The way you hair softly framed your face, the bridge of your nose, the curve of your lips. If he were being honest, Jimin could confidently say that you were one of the most beautiful women he'd ever had the pleasure to look upon. That, however, was indecent to him. He knew you were not from here, he knew he had only met you today, but you were so different and full of life that Jimin couldn't help but be attracted by your wit and beauty.

"Can I ask you a question?" You asked suddenly.

Jimin escaped whatever trance he was in and he nodded, releasing a hum of approval.

"Why do you hate Jin?"

Jimins eyes widened, once again, at your bluntness and straight-to-the-point attitude. A frown found it's way to his face at your question. He really didn't want to talk about his brother at any point of the night, but he knew that you deserved an explanation after what you had witness at the ball.

Jimin sighed, turning to face the sky.

"It's a long story." He breathed out.

You faced him a small smile playing on your lips.

"It's a long night."

Jimin's lips turned upward for a small moment, before ultimately falling once again.

"As you know, Jin and I are brothers." He started. "But we're only half brothers."

Your eyes widened at the news, begging him to continue with your eyes.

"We share the same mother, a noble woman, very beautiful and almost every royal in the four kingdoms desired her to wife," Jimin spoke fondly of his mother, his eyes gleaming with a slight happiness, but it quickly faded away. "However, her beauty was not always a blessing. One night, while traveling from the Owl Kingdom, her carriage was highjacked and my mother was-" Jimin cut himself off abruptly, his gaze falling down to the ground. "Her chastity was taken from her."

Your eyes widened even further. Those guys raped his mother?! How cruel was this place?!

"Jin was born of the unfortunate experience. Most would think that having a son out of wedlock would stop the desire for my mother, but the king of the Lion Kingdom took favor on her and asked her to wed, she said yes, but only if her son would be given a title as prince and even after her death he would continue to reign. My father agreed and three years later I was born."

You continued to listen to his story intently, hanging on to every word that was spoken.

"We were all happy, going on picnics everyday. Jungkook was born two years after me, each of us grew up close with each other, but when Jin turned eighteen things began to spiral downwards. He began to go out and sleep around more and more often, my mother often worried about him and his habits, until one night Jin didn't come home at all. My mother searched the town by herself endlessly for him, and instead she found robbers."

A single tear escaped Jimins golden eyes, sliding down his cheek.

"They robbed her and killed her, the next day Jin came back to the castle, acting as though nothing had happened. It made me angry, to see him acting so happy when our mother was brutally murdered. When he heard of the news, he walked away from all his responsibilities. He told my father he didn't want to be king, and that he would rather die than take on the position, leaving me to take his place as the heir. My father still continued to support his lifestyle. He began drinking and parting again. You would think that something as life changing as his mothers death would've put him on the right track, but no." Jimin chuckled sarcastically. "He still sleeps around with every woman he can get his hands on, and each time he leaves the woman heart broken. That's why when I saw him with you at the ball, with his hands all over you, I just got so angry with him, he has no shame."