First Kiss (Sonic, Shadow, Silver

Start from the beginning

"I ran," he answered dully. That explained why he was so tired. You began to run your fingers through his quills, bringing a soft smile to his face.

"You're absolutely crazy," you scolded. Your voice lacked strength, and it was easy to tell. Tears were beginning to seep down your cheeks. Your voice began to crack. "You could've died."

The blue hedgehog only hummed as you continued to brush his hair. His eyelids were closed and his breathing was soft. He appeared peaceful in your care. "I missed you," he whispered before lulling into sleep.

"I missed you, too," you replied. Sonic didn't move, too exhausted to do anything but rest.

You began to treat his injuries. Several burn marks and red scratches marred his body. Some of the deeper cuts required stitches. Luckily, you always kept a medical bag in the kitchen, in case a neighbor or friend came with an injury. When the sun finally rose, Sonic was still asleep with bandages and gauze wrapped around his torso. Finally finished with everything, you gently laid a soft blanket over him. You moved into the kitchen and began dialing your boss's number. Dark bags hung under your eyes from fatigue and your voice was hoarse from the night. The phone rang before you heard another voice on the other end.

"Hi, this is (Y/N) (L/N) requesting a sick day today," you stated. Your voice helped pull off the lie with ease.

"You sound terrible. I hope you got at least a little sleep. Was it a rough night?" the doctor asked on the other end. You looked over to the resting hedgehog, who slept peacefully on your couch. This was probably the only sleep he had in the past few days.

"You have no idea," you responded. "I'll see you soon." You hung up the phone and rubbed your tired eyes.

Another hoarse voice broke the silence. "You...you didn't have to do that."

You walked over to Sonic with an ice pack in your hands. After kneeling on the ground, you placed the cold bag on a lump on his head. "I didn't feel like going to work anyways." You wanted to be there for him. He was finally home, and you wanted to be with him. "You need to rest."

"So do you," your boyfriend rebutted. "You look horrible."

You smiled softly. You always marveled at Sonic's light jokes and positivity in bad situations. "You're not exactly Prince Charming right now, either."

The blue hedgehog quickly pushed himself off of his arm. His lips captured yours in a soft and tired kiss, but that moment made the world stop. You quickly melted into the kiss, leaning in so he wouldn't have to reach so far. Your lips danced together, enjoying the feeling. As soon as you broke apart, the two of you would lean back in again. It was the first kiss the two of you shared, and it was filled with more love than you could've imagined.

Sonic softly pulled away but remained close enough so you could feel his warm breath on your lips as he quietly spoke. "Just lay with me, and let's get some sleep. Okay?"

"Yeah," you answered before crawling on the couch next to your boyfriend. You were mindful of his injuries as you laid in his arms. Sonic didn't mind, though, and held you tightly in his arms under the blanket until you both fell asleep.

-Shadow-

The cabin was quiet as you watched Netflix by yourself. Shadow was out doing who knows what while you stayed hidden as usual. Shadow still couldn't convince you to change your appearance, so you weren't allowed to go anywhere on your own. You fought the cabin fever every day and tried your best to keep loneliness at bay. You took up a few new hobbies: baking, juggling, archery, and even piano. You just hoped you would return to your family soon. What was the point of learning all these skills if you couldn't use them to bring smiles to those you cared for?