Chapter 2

I walk towards the door of Divergent High School. I stand in front of the door, close my eyes and take a deep breath. "Last first day. One more year, then you are done." I think to myself. I exhale, open my eyes, and open the doors.

I hear numerous people trying to talk to me.

"Hey Four."

"Four! Nice to see you man!"

"Dude, how was your summer? I haven't seen you in so long!" I don't think I could ever forget that voice. That of my best friend.

"Zeke, I literally saw you two days ago. What are you talking about?" I laugh. Sometimes I wonder how I am friends with him. He is comical, affectionate, and extroverted. All of which are unlike me.

"But it feels like forever" He squeaks and tries pulling me into a hug as if he hasn't seen me in years.

Just as I dodge his hug, I find Uriah, Zekes' younger brother walking our way. It is extremely ironic on how similar the two brothers look, even though they are a couple years apart. The same shaggy black hair. The same tan skin and the same dark brown eyes. The only difference is height and Uriah's hair is slightly shorter than his brothers.

"So Zeke, did you ask him about tonight?" Uriah grins. I have no idea what he is talking about, but it appears to makes him extremely happy.

I have a feeling I know what it is. The only thing that makes Uriah this happy is dauntless cake and going on a date. Dauntless cake, heck yeah, but when they take me on double dates I ultimately end up sitting alone after I somehow offending my date.

"What did you guys do." I scowl. "Please tell you guys are thrilled about Dauntless cake?"

"There's dauntless cake?" Zeke questions. "Where?" You can see the drool starting to form, and there is a certain look in his eyes like he is imaginaning the most beautiful thing on Earth.

I can't help pinch the bridge of my nose. "No Zeke. There is no dauntless cake. I just hoped that is what you and Uriah were so excited by."

Both, Zeke and Uriah start pouting, and I can't help but laugh. I swear they would both kill for that cake.

"Sorry my good friend, but no. I had no clue there would be dauntless cake, though there is not. We have dates. All three of us!" Zeke slaps my back. It's almost as if he knows how much I am going to resent going. Oh wait, he does. I have told him multiple times.

A loud bell rings throughout the hallway serving as a warning that all of us have a minute to get to class, thus saving me from the torture of talking about a forced date my friends are making me go on.

"My place. 6 o'clock" Zeke shouts practically sprinting down the hallway trying to get to class. The last thing I hear before the two brothers are out of sight is bickering on how it both of their houses, and I can't help but chuckle.

I walk into biology, which is right across the hall from my locker assuring that I get to class on time.

Soon everyone is sitting down someone I can only assume is the teacher comes singing in. Literally singing.

"Hello, class. My name is Miss. Augustine. This semester you will be learning about Biology." She exaggerates the word biology. "For you cannot live without Biology. It is who you are." She finally stops singing. "Now, yes, I am new here, but that does not mean I am to taken advantage of. I expect a lot out of all of you, do not disappoint me." She says in what, I guess, is her normal voice. "We will go one by one and introduce ourselves, say our names, and state two facts, not boring ones, if I find them boring you will have to think of a new one." She demands.

I almost find it hard to take her seriously. Her voice is sweet, but it is almost as if she is trying to hard to make us respect her.

"For an example, I am Nancy Augustine. You don't need to know my age." Everyone laughs at her comment. "I moved here from Washington and I have been teaching for three years."

"Mason Abernathy." She starts

I zone out until a couple of people before me, and I don't bother to listen to them.

"Four Easton?" How she says my name as if she can't believe it is a number is common among new teachers, but Easton? I don't understand that one, but I decide to ignore it. It's not like it really matters.

"Um." I stutter "I am eighteen. I have a dog named Shiba and my favorite NFL team is the New England Patriots." She nods her head in approval.

She continues down the list further and further and I basically hear the same thing repeatedly. Somebody has a sibling, a pet, a broken bone, etc. But honestly, I don't want it to end, only because doing class work on the first day of school sucks.

"Zeke Pedrad."

"I am eighteen. I have a younger brother, who is a sophomore here, and I am going to find a way to one day marry dauntless cake."

I zone out yet again as none of my other friends are in this class and I really don't care what the others have to say to try and impress the rest of us.

"I am sixteen." Everyone goes quiet. "I am a gymnast and I just moved here." This girl says. I didn't catch her name, but I wish I did. She is a sophomore in a senior class, that alone is intriguing enough.

The rest of the day I watch for the short blonde girl with the bright grey eyes. I want to find out more about her.

Here is another chapter for you guys. I hope you guys like it! Please let me know what you think, and I did not take as long to edit this one, so if there are errors please let me know.

Thank you for reading!

Hope you have/ have had a good day!

Remember, be brave!

- E