23 // omaha

Skylars POV

"Now I'm gonna make you dance
It's your chance
Yeah boy shake that ass,
Oops I mean girl girl girl girl
Now you know you're my world
Alright now lose it"

Shawn and I sang along to the radio of the beat up jeep. Since we were in the middle of nowhere, the radio only got two channels; opera and early 2000s hits. It's pretty clear the option we chose.

"No way!" Shawn exclaimed randomly, looking at the first sign we had seen in a while. "We're in Nebraska only a few hours away from Omaha!"

His sudden excitement confused me, what was so special about Omaha? He must have noticed my puzzled expression, cause he let out a small chuckle before explaining.

"I have a few friends that live in Omaha. They'd be more than happy to let us stay with them for a few days. When we get somewhere with service we can use your phone to call them and see if they're still living together."

+

"Johnson! What's up brother I haven't seen you in so long!" Shawn greeted his friend as he opened the door to their huge house. I noticed the other guy that lived there walking up behind him, his chest bare, to see who was at the door. He was easily the second most attractive person I have ever seen. He had brown hair with a matching set of strong eyebrows. His muscles were very defined and a happy trail led from his waistband to his belly button.

"Shawn!" He spoke, bro hugging him. I got to look at the other guy known as Johnson while they did. Johnson was much more scrawnier than his friend, but still muscular. He had blonde hair and brown eyes and a baby face. He wasn't as cute as the other but still had his good qualities.

"Come in, come in," Johnson gestured, and we followed his instructions. The inside of the house took me by surprise. We stood in a grand entry way, complete with tall ceilings and a stately staircase. From where we were I could see the living room, which had plush leather recliners pointing toward a huge flat screen tv, and the kitchen.

These kids had to have been selling drugs or doing some kind of illegal business. There was just no way they could afford this as teenagers.

When I finished looking around and snapped out of my daze, I turned my head to see the attractive boy grinning at me. I shyly smiled back, trying not to blush.

"Mendes, who's this? You didn't tell us you had company." He said, only breaking our eye contact at the last second.

"Oh right, I forgot to tell you guys. This is Mia, she's the newest mission I have. We just needed a place to stay while we figure out where to go next." Shawn explained before turning to me. "Mia, this is jack and jack. Jack, jack, this Mia."

"Wait, both of you are named jack?" I laughed.

"Yup. But to avoid confusion we go by our last names, Gilinsky and Johnson." The attractive one explained, pointing at himself and then the other.

"Good to know. Nice to meet you both." I smiled and shook both of their hands.

"Alright now, I'll take Shawn here to his room and Gilinsky can take you to yours." Johnson explained.

Gilinsky and I walked through the kitchen and down a hallway, where he lead me to the very last door on the left. Inside was just a standard bedroom, with a white bedspread and light gray walls.

"It isn't much, but it works," he said.

"No, it's perfect." I smiled at him. "Thanks for letting us stay here."

"No problem, I'd do anything for pretty girls." He winked before leaving the room, which I was glad he did so he didn't see my blush.

I have a feeling this is going to be a fun two days.

A/N:
I know that jack and jack live in California now and they don't live together, but they do in this story cause I feel like it. Also magcon never happened bc once again I felt like it. Not sure how Shawn and them know each other, that's something you can decide if you want.

Also I know it's been a hot minute since I updated but now that it's summer I can write like crazzyyyy I'm gonna finish this book and then I have another that is almost finished (it's a really short book and I'm gonna put it all out at once. Lowkey think it's one of my best works)

ig & twitter: thecityair