10 // homeless

Emotions were high at the moment.

Firstly, I'm a wreck because I had to murder my 2nd grade teacher. No one wants to do that, not even me. This kill was taking a huge toll on me, more than usual. I didn't want to do anything, couldn't think of anything besides it, and I don't want to do it again.

Then, Shawn came in here with his bullshit that was a roller coaster of emotions. He made me feel special, feel wanted. No one has even accomplished that, not even my parents or Riley. I knew good things don't last, cause he ruined it by taking what last bit of happiness I had and draining it.

He betrayed me. I trusted him enough to let him in and he took my trust, and abolished it.

Why does it always end up with me pointing a gun at someone? Why have I allowed myself to become this monster?

Now? Now I'm scared. What is going to happen to me if the cops come and know what I've done? Did Shawn see anything that would expose me? What would happen to Riley?

I'm terrified of the possibilities.

I walked into my parents bedroom, something I did when I needed a break. I sat down on the bed and looked around.

After mom and dad went to jail, I made their bed and tidied up their room. The police had completely destroyed it, and it was the least I could do. I left it after that. I don't come in here often, only when I want to talk to them. It isn't the same, but it works.

On the dresser was a small jewelry box my mother had, full of her nicest things. I of course never took off the rose quarts necklace she gave me, and I don't think I ever will. It was nice just to see what her style was when I sometimes can't remember what she looks like.

I open the box and see a tangle of chains. I notice there were more silver than gold, and not a lot of big flashy gems. After some digging, I found my parents wedding rings. Mom's had a small little diamond on to of a silver band, and dad's was just a plain silver ring.

After admiring them for a while, I sat them down on the dresser. I moved over to her vanity, sitting in front of it and staring in the mirror.

My checks were stained with tears from earlier, my hair looked as if it could be matted, and my oversized shirt added to the homeless look.

I can't do it anymore. It is driving me insane. I can't go on knowing what I've done here, what mom and have done, what Riley might do. I'm sick of it.

And after a long time of starring in the mirror, I know what I have to do. I didn't waste another minute and immediately got to action.

I went to the gun cabinet and got the smallest gun I own, and all of its ammo. Slipping them into my backpack, I also put some food.  Not a lot, but enough.

I packed my leather jacket, some leggings, jeans, a hoodie, and a few t shirts. (I also had on a different pair of leggings and another hoodie.) a few bras, underwear and socks.

I got out of the safe all the money I had, wrapped it in a rubber band and threw it in my backpack as well.

I went back into my parents room and got their rings. I shut the box of jewelry and put that in my bag.

Pretty positive 90% of it was probably stolen, so I don't feel that bad selling it back out.

I went upstairs and woke Riley up. It is 2 am, so she was confused.

"What the hell are you doing?" She asked me, stretching her arms as she woke.

"Get up, we're leaving. I'll help you pack." I explained to her.

"Where are we going?"

"Don't know, just away."

"Why?"

I starred at her for a while. I've kept so many things from her, and she is going to be so disappointed in me.

"I'll explain on the way," I half smiled.

I helped her get together her things, including clothes, a coloring book, and her favorite blanket.

There was only one thing left to do.

I know I can't just up and leave, the viper would find me at some point and kill me with his bare hands. They, I, kill people just for knowing and Felix lane, so god only knows what he would do to me.

I need a reason to go. One that he will understand.

I know exactly what has to be done. Shawn is most likely going to tattle on me to the cops, so might as well beat him to the punch.

On my phone I called Damon. Damon was my best friend growing up, he's the only one my age at the underground that isn't completely psycho. To this day he remains my closest friend, which is why I know he will do me this favor. He picked up after only a few rings.

"Boomer? Is everything alright? You never call me."

"Yes. Well, no, it's complicated. But it isn't important at the moment. I need you to do me a favor."

"Sure, what is it?"

I took a deep breath. "I need you to rat me out to the police."

A/N
oh shet

ig & twitter : thecityair