She Likes Me But She Left (Jackson)

Written by AmberHansen8

Jackson realized that he had only three minutes left. Three minutes to gather enough courage to give her the piece of paper telling her to meet him later. Could he do it? Could Jackson give her the paper? As another moment ticked by, he sighed. It was now or never. It was the last day of school and if he didn't give her the paper now, he would probably never see her again. Jackson drew in a breath and passed the paper to her. When the bell rang, he left the room and hoped she would come to meet him. Jackson dropped his bag off at his house before heading to the park where he asked her to meet him. He sat down on a swing and popped his headphones in. Soon, it was as if his body wanted to move to the beat of the music. So he was up off the swing and naturally dancing to the beat. When he stopped, he was panting and could hear someone clapping. Jackson removed his headphones and saw her standing there. 

"You saw all that?" Jackson asked. 

"Yeah. Pretty good," she answered. 

Jackson rubbed his nape. "Thanks."

"So you asked me here?" She commented as she sat down on the swing. "Push me?"

He stepped behind her and began to push the swing. It was surprisingly light. "Uh....yeah...I did."

"What did you want to talk about?"

"Well.....there's something I've been trying to, uh, tell you."

"And that is?" She asked, slightly turning her head for a moment to look at him. 

Jackson lightly blushed and looked away, but continued to push her. "Do you like anyone?"

"No. Why?"

"Cuz...I, uh, I like you...."

"Can you stop the swing?"

It took him a couple of minutes, but Jackson managed to stop the swing. She turned to face him. The pair stared at each other for a couple of minutes. 

"What would you say if I told you that I like you too?" She asked. 

"You what?"

"I like you too."

Jackson's eyes widened. "Really?"

"Yeah. But I gotta go. I don't have much time left."

She tippy-toed and kissed his cheek before leaving. Jackson blushed a bit and touched his cheek. His crush of almost four years liked him back. He smiled and headed home. Jackson was lying on his bed about half an hour later when his phone went off. 

From: Mark

hey dude, got news for you. 

From: Jackson

and what is that?

From: Mark

it's about that girl you like

From: Jackson

what about her?

From: Mark

she's leaving for England

From: Jackson

When?

From: Mark

her plane leaves in two hours

From: Jackson 

is she coming back?

From: Mark

I don't think so

Jackson didn't bother answering. He shoved his shoes on and rushed out the door. He had to get to the airport. Jackson was halfway there when he got stuck in traffic. After an unknown amount of time later, he was finally at the airport. 

"Has the flight for England left?" He demanded from the lady at the front desk. 

"I'm sorry. You just missed it. It took off about two minutes ago," she answered. 

Jackson stumbled out of the airport. She was gone. He said he liked her and she liked him, but she had still left.