Mercy x Dying Reader

Warning: Angst
Prepare to hate me a little because this is the only chapter I have out, and don't have any fluffy ones to make you happy😂 suffer😂

She held you.

You couldn't be saved, it's been months since the accident, and you haven't woken up. Even she knew that you would never wake up again.
That you would never laugh again.
That you would never make your bad jokes, or kiss her in the morning, or during the night.
That she would never see your smile again.

As she held you while you were laying on the bed, she started to remember. That day you had argued. You were angry that she had kept ignoring you for almost 2 months, and she was getting annoyed with you and started yelling.
"Angela! Why can't you just at least answer a text, or take a day off?", you were yelling at her, and although you knew you shouldn't, but you've had enough.
"It's not as simple as it seems! People depend on me! I can't waste my time with you!"
"So I'm waste of time now? What about all that, "I'll never get tired of you", were you lying?"
"Things change! Back then you-", Angela stopped, and let out a long, and annoyed sigh. She turned so she wouldn't face you.
"I what?", you asked, angry.
"...stop it", irritability in her voice
"I what, Angela?!", you yelled at her, holding her arm, and making her face you.
"Shut up!!," she screamed and pushed you off her, "Back then you weren't so annoying, and needy!," she walked towards you as backed away, "Now you're an idiot who can't do anything, but waste my time, and make my life harder!", your back was against a wall, and she was screaming right on your face.
You pushed her off you, and walked towards the door.
She didn't even try to stop you.

Once you got in your car, tears made your vision blurry, and went down your cheeks. Not even wiping them off, you started the car.
The road was dark, and the lights went by too quickly, everything was blurred, and nothing could be heard over the sound of your crying. Gripping the wheel, you accelerated more, not seeing the red light.

The following morning Angela got a call.

As she rushed to the emergency room, she regretted it.
Not paying more attention to you.
Not taking breaks.
Not being there for you.
Not holding you at least once, or saying "I love you", one last time.
She doesn't even remember when the last time was.

She had come to visit everyday, telling you about her day. Her voice soft, and eyes red with tears. Her hand moved to yours, never letting go until the end of the visit.

Angela kept holding you as she remembered everything she could about your relationship.
Waking up, and seeing you not wanting to wake up.
Watching movies together, and going on dates where you would do your best to make her smile.
And seeing you, waiting for her on nights she worked overtime; always going to bed and cuddling until you both went to sleep.
"Happy three year anniversary," she kissed your lips, and her hand squeezed yours as her other hand showed the signal to pull the plug.