Chapter 18

The city flooded with screams of terror as the manmade monsters roamed the city once again.

The Avengers were demolishing the creatures with ease.

Admittedly, this was getting annoying and they all questioned where they were coming from.

Clearly, there's a mastermind behind this madness. But who exactly was the villain they are fighting against?

"Tony, this shit is getting boring," Clint said, shooting another monster. "Have any idea who could create these monsters?"

"Nothing comes to mind, Legolas."

From afar, Black Cat wore an uneasy expression. "Taskmaster, I thought you were gonna wait until Pete - "

His dark voice cut her off, "Im done with waiting, kitten."

"But that symbiote is almost - "

"Oh, I am well aware. But Spiderman needs that extra push. And clearly he's too stubborn to give in easily."

Black Cat crossed her arms. "I tried to get him to dump that mercenary, but he just wont listen. It appears that the two are in it for the long haul."

She thought it was adorable honestly. But of course her boss thinks otherwise. Deadpool is too much of a distraction and getting in the way of Taskmaster's plan.

"I've studied Spiderman's behavior lately. He's losing his mind. His family and partner and just about everything else is slowly driving him to insanity."

"His loved ones? They're triggering him?"

"Of course, kitten.'

He smiled beneath his mask when he saw Spiderman down below. Perfect timing, Peter.

"Tony, Spiderman is here," Steve said. 

Tony groaned. "Great."

"What do we do about him?" Natasha asked.

"We'll focus on him later. Let's just get rid of these beasts and see whose behind this," Tony replied. The rest agreed. 

Peter saw that his family was there. But he would focus on that later. Right now: save the city.

Peter swung and kicked a monster in the face. "Okay, who the hell is making you guys?" He kept fighting the monsters that were after him. This went on for a while until the monsters did something unexpected.

About twenty of them fused into a colossal beast. It was taller than the buildings around them. Peter, caught off guard, found himself in the clutches of said monster. He tried to escape but the grip was too strong.

The Avengers saw the enormous monster and went to take it down.

Peter's not the one to scream for help, so he just kept trying. As he did so, he felt his blood boil in rage. Apparently, the rage made him stronger. But this was a different type of rage.

This is a rage that left him craving for more. A selfish craving.

Don't be weak, Peter! KILL THE BEAST! The voice roared.

He couldn't wait to follow the voice's command but then the Avengers were by his side.

"GRAAAAHHH!" Hulk's booming voice echoed as he bounced on the monster. Hard enough for it to let go of Peter.

Peter landed on the ground and smiled underneath his mask as Hulk kept saying 'Spider Friend.'

"Thor, now's your time to shine," Tony said.