Chapter 16

About a week passed and Wade had to go away for a few days due to his job. Wade never liked reminding Peter what he does but Peter is all right with him being a mercenary. He knew what he was getting into and doesn't regret being part of Wade's life.

He was in the park, taking pictures of random things like cherry blossom trees and ducks.

The sound of heels clicking was heard behind him and Peter felt a chill run down his spine.

"Hey Petey-pie."

"Bye Felicia."

She pouted her enormous red lips and threw her silver hair over her shoulder. "Dont be like that! I just wanted to see an old friend. It feels like I haven't seen you in ages."

Peter knew she wanted something from him. How did she know he was in the park? She must have followed him or something. Either way, Peter wasn't in the mood to have her company.

"What do you want?"

"I noticed you're dating a certain mercenary. How bold of you."

"What of it?"

"As your friend, I feel like I should warn you about him."

Peter rolled his eyes. He knew right away whatever was going to leave her lips would be a lie.

"Peter, are you aware of his past?"

"Listen, I really don't have time for this. Please let me take pictures in peace."

Felicia narrowed her eyes. She knew he wasn't easy to convince. Which is why Taskmaster gave her all the info that should scare him away.

"My love, he has slaughtered for sport. He's easily persuaded by a few bucks and doesnt care that his actions have consequences. You're dating a villain."

"Well I dated you, so don't be so surprised."

"You mean to tell me if someone had hired him to kill you he wouldn't?"

Just as Peter was about to answer, he immediately thought back to when Wade turned him to S.H.I.E.L.D. He clenched his jaw at the flashback. But he knew that Wade wouldn't do that to him. He trusts him completely.

Felicia scoffed and rested her hand on his thigh.

"My love, he's not right for you. I'm just trying to protect you."

"Don't call me that. And I don't need you to protect me. And you dont know Wade like I do, I trust him with my life."

Felicia crossed her arms. "You're really fine with what he does?"

"It's not my favorite thing in the world but I accept him for who he is."

The silver haired girl bit her bottom lip and leaned in. "You're so adorable, Petey-pie. You're such the romantic. That's why I like you. We sure had fun when we were together, right?"

Peter sighed and turned to her.

"Listen, Fel, I don't hate you or anything like that. In all honesty, I consider you a friend even if we aren't close like that. But you need to respect my boundaries and the fact that I found someone I lo - like, so please - "

She gasped softly. "That's not what you were going to say, was it?"

Peter blushed.

"Petey-pie...are you in love with Wade?"

Peter feared those two words. In love. It's something he's never felt towards anyone before and he never thought he would feel this way in his teens. His parents always told him that when he's older he'll know what it's like to be in love. And he'll treasure that feeling forever because it's precious.

It's beyond scary.

He almost said it, so it must be on his mind. But did he really mean it?

Mind you that they've been dating for about a month now and they've never said those words to each other. Their relationship was fast and Peter wasn't sure how to feel about that. He wished that they could take it slower to get to know each other more.

But life doesn't work that way. Yes, total cliche, but it was almost love at first sight if he really thinks about it. When he first met Deadpool, he found him intriguing. He secretly liked his company and his bizarre character, and how Wade was totally obsessed with him.

He doesn't know much about Wade. It's not that Wade doesn't want to talk to him, but Peter never asked. He felt afraid to cross that barrier for an unknown reason.

No. Was he really in love with Wade?

Peter then remembered that he had confessed it to himself before.

"Petey-pie, you could tell me," Felicia said.

Peter coughed. "I don't know. Haven't thought about it."

"Ugh, you're such a closed book. You really need to fix that."

"I gotta go," Peter stood.

"What if he kills innocents. He goes against everything you stand for. And did you know of all his one night stands? One day, he'll break your heart. Just wait and see."

Before he could leave, she pulled him into a kiss. Peter quickly pushed her off him and looked at her with disgust.

"The hell?!"

"Ugh! Seriously, Petey-pie. What's going to convince you?"

Before he knew what he was doing, he held her by the hem of her shirt and went to choke her with his free hand. But the fear in her eyes snapped him out of his gaze. What was he doing?

Do it, Peter. You need to get rid of your enemies. That voice inside him again. One snap is all it takes. Give into the darkness, Peter.

"Shut up, shut up, shut up," Peter growled.

"P-Peter?" Felicia trembled.

Peter let go of her and shook his head, trying to get rid of the voice. "That voice. It's back again. You don't hear it?"

Felicia figured out that this was probably the effect Taskmaster wanted. It was making Peter insane, losing his mind and his control. She gulped, unsure of what to do or say. She felt guilty to see him in this state.

But duty calls.

"I don't hear a voice," she groaned and fixed her shirt. "You creased it! Never lay your hands on a beautiful woman like so again, Peter! You'll regret it. And you still have some lipstick right there." Then she went off.

I know you can hear me.

"Yeah," Peter said in a low tone. "Now get out of my head."

She could be right about Wilson. You don't know him.

Peter laughed a little. Yep, he's losing his mind.

"Maybe. Maybe."