Chapter 8

Peter admitted it - this date was going quite well. Sure it involved Wade daring himself to drink hot sauce without water or disturbing everyone else in the restaurant but still fun nonetheless.

It may not be what he had it in mind but as long as he's with Wade it didn't matter where they went.

"You gonna finish that?"

Peter chuckled and gave him his leftover quesadilla. Wade squealed.

"Thanks, baby boy!"

Peter cringed at that pet name. "Baby boy? Really?"

"Hey, out of all the ones I have in mind, this one is the least inappropriate."

"Figures."

"So, you enjoying yourself?"

Peter smirked. "Strangely yes." He then noticed something. When Wade would lift up his mask to eat, there were some scars around his mouth. "How'd ya get those?"

"Huh? Oh! Um..." Wade felt embarrassed. He didn't want to tell him just yet. Especially not with people around. "It's kind of a long story...Aren't you worried that someone here will rat you out for being with me?"

Peter shrugged, knowing fully well he wanted to change the subject so he didn't push it. "Not really. If they do then I'll just say we're stuck at a table together and I was brave enough to sit and talk to you."

"Nice! You're a skillful liar, ya know."

"It's a gift."

They later finished and decided to go walk around the city. Out of nowhere when no one was looking Peter ran up the side of the building and looked down at Wade from above. He blew a raspberry and ran.

Wade smirked. "Cat and mouse, eh?"

The two were laughing like idiots the entire time. Just when Peter thought he lost him, Wade appeared out of nowhere and jumped him. Peter giggled at Wade's cocky expression as he tried to throw him off him.

"Can't help but feel we've been in this situation before?" Wade questioned jokingly.

Peter rolled his eyes. "Shut up and kiss me." And Wade did just that. It lasted for a good minute but it felt like hours for them. They both got up and Peter put on his mask, confusing the older man.

"Get on my back. We're going for a ride."

Wade gasped, squealed, and jumped up and down like a fangirl. He wrapped his arms around him. "Where we going?"

"Some place high and quiet. Wanna get a nice view of the city lights."

It was a hilarious experience. Well, for Peter. Wade kept screaming at the rollercoaster-like speed and Peter did his absolute best not to laugh at him. How can a mercenary like him be scared of heights? Wade used to jump from buildings all the time so this was more or less the same. So after minutes of torture, they landed on one of the many skyscrapers and sat and watched the beautiful view.  

There was something about watching over New York during the nighttime that made it so relaxing.

"So this is what you do during your free time?" Wade asked.

"As Spiderman."

"And as Peter?"

"Home. Study. Draw. Work on my suit. Spy. Things like that."

"You're a spy? Damn, that's cool. Wait, for like S.H.I.E.L.D. or something? I thought you didn't wanna work for them."

Peter chuckled. "I don't. Sometimes I hack into their database and work on things they won't have time for. I really handle the petty crimes while the agents and Avengers focus on bigger things."

"Awww that's even cooler!"

"Thanks. Now please tell me how you got your scars."

"Sorry, sweetcheeks. Can't reveal everything on the first date."

"Oh, so there'll be more dates then?" Peter asked.

"Oh hell yeah! I'd be crazy to let you get away. I really like you Petey. Yeah, we don't hang out often but I can, you know, see a future with you." He blushed underneath his mask while Peter smiled brightly under his. "Dammit you turned me into a sap already."

"Then I must be doing my job as a boyfriend."

Wade had to do many double takes it was comical. "Wait...so...this is official then? Like, for realsies?"

"For realsies."

Yep, it's official. This is the happiest day of his life. He can't explain it. It's only been one date and Peter has already wiggled his way into his heart. It was normal to catch feelings this quick, right? He hoped so because this is a feeling he wouldn't trade for anything.

Just as Wade was about to say something, Peter's spider-sense tingled and they both looked ahead to see Iron Man coming their way, which also meant that the Avengers were with him.

"Oh no," Peter whispered. "I'm sorry Wade, I gotta go. I can't let my dad near me. I'll call you later." He swung back home before his family arrived at the scene.

Wade cursed to himself, "Fucking cockblockers."

"Wilson," Tony said in monotone and disgust.

"Tin man."

"We're looking for Spiderman. Resources say that you two are close."

"Oh! You mean my boyfriend! Yeah, I totally know him!" God how saying that made him so happy.

Tony thought for sure this guy was crazy, like always, but he shrugged it off. He needed to find this spiderling but it seems that every time they do Spiderman somehow knows they're coming and leaves quickly. It's like they can't keep up and maybe Wade will know where he could be.

"And idea where we could find him?"

"Why?"

"None of your concern. He's a problem we need to take care of."

Wade glared. How could he say that about his son. Well, he doesn't know Spiderman is his son but still it was mean. But how is Spiderman a threat if he does what the Avengers aren't there to do? So, obviously, he had to lie. He can't let his Petey-pie down again.

"Don't know, really. He jumps from place to place he never stays still."

Iron Man nodded. "Fine. Let's go guys." He signaled to the helicopter and flew off in some direction.

And Peter was just glad no one was home.

No one can see him lying on the floor gasping for air.