Chapter 5

Even Gael knew that finding a place to stay would be difficult. With the caution, the merchant and locals had shown with the two traveling omegas, with the exception of the leatherworker. It came as no surprise that they are turned away by almost every inn they passed.

Aside from a fresh pouch of water and more bread, they refused them anything that would get them involve with the duo. That is why, when nightfall came, The prince and the caretaker found themselves hidden from sight in the corner of a dark alley.

"Sleep" Monica commanded him.

"I'll keep watch," She assured with a reassuring smile. Gael simply stared at her. She'd been sick up until that morning, she'd walked the same distance as him while insisting on carrying their bags. She was just as tired, if not more so then he was.

Gael stood to his feet, pushing away from the wall he'd been leaning against.

"I'll do it, you need to rest," He told her. Monica's eyes met his own.

"It's fine" She reassured her prince with a gentle smile.

"You were sick before, what if you collapse again" Gael pushed.

"It's was just a reaction to him dying I'm sure, It shouldn't return"

"You don't know that. Please Monica" He pleaded, his voice small and broken."I cannot lose you as well"

"How sweet" A strange voice interrupted, drawing two pairs of eyes to the mouth of the alley. There, a woman appeared from the darkness.

She was petite and an omega, even without the collar around her neck the maid and the prince could tell that much. She was exotic, her hair a indigo back with a curly wave that ran down her shoulder to mid-bust. Her lips were painted red and her eyes shadowed with the same shade of violet as her skirt. It was high in front and long in the back. Her top dropped off her shoulders, revealing skin that was as smooth as caramel.

As she advances, placing one dark stocking covered leg in front of the other, her heels clicked on the paved road. Her eyes, green like the leaves in spring looked past the caretaker to the prince that stood beside her. She smiles.

"Oh, a male omega, so that's what all the fuss around town has been about" She voiced, coming to a stop an arm's length away Monica, who stepped in front of her prince. Shielding him from the stranger's gaze.

But the mysterious woman merely smiled and leaned to the side in order to get a look at the prince behind the caretaker. Her eyes trailing up and down his form, lingering at the neck.

"You've got collars, I suppose you aren't just pretty faces. Interesting." She says with a smile;

Gael regarded her, she was beautiful but that wasn't what he saw in her. He saw what he never did in himself, it was in her eyes, the ruby on her lips and in the way she shameless flaunted what he'd been told to cover up.

"Who are you?" Monica inquired, stepping to the side to better block Gael from the woman's view.

The green eyes beauty nodded once, her gaze meeting Monica's as she spoke.

"I'm a woman with a job to offer"

"We're not interested" Monica instantly bit out. She wasn't a fool to believe that just because this stranger shared the same status, that they were allies.

"You perhaps, but what about you?" The stranger asked, once again leaning the side and catching Gael's gaze, her eyes shining with mischief.

"He's-" The caretaker began.