Chapter 4

Take a minute to brush up on What we know so far: 

In this universe, there is two sort of people, the submissives aka the omega and the dominants. Dominants can be male or female, for example, Andrea was a dominant., Gael and Monica are submissives or omegas. Submissives, however, are mostly females making male omega uncommon even rare in certain regions and lands. 

There are also social differences, such as : The Royals, the high class, and the commoners. But no matter the social class omegas don't have much power for the simple fact that once an omega is marked, he or she is under the control of their "master" In the sense where they can not disobey them! Not would not, but CANNOT, they are physically incapable of disobedience.

His rarity, class as a prince, eventual full cooperation, makes Gael the best object of trade in order to stabilize, his father, the king's rule.

A mark can be placed on an omega with or without their consent, (Monica, for example, was marked without her consent). And only a dominant can mark an omega and once a mark is placed it until death do them part (see chapter 3). 

I'll be leaving this on certain chapters just to recap, and if there is anything you don't get, feel free to ask. 

Chapter 4 

They reached the village the merchant's apprentice had spoken about just after midday. After Monica had finished shedding tears of joy and relief she wore nothing but a smile. Gael had never seen the maid so joyful; She skipped and ran and he, despite his aching shoulders, sore feet and sadden mood after they'd failed to retrieve the bags he'd left behind. Couldn't help but be lead by her positive energy.

They didn't speak much, sharing smiles and laughing at nothing like a pair of giddy children.

It was only when they approach the village did Monica return to her mature, protective role. Keeping the prince behind her at all times and avoiding the stares of the locals.

Travelers weren't uncommon to what looked to be a large trading village, but two omegas wondering in on foot with no guard or guardian was unheard of. Especially in these parts.

They went to the carriage docks first, searching for a merchant in which they could strike a deal for a ride around the King's ruled lands. But as mentioned before. They were omega and omegas traveling on their own was not only unheard of, but suspicious.

" We can pay you" Monica claimed as she took out their pouch of coins. Having the same conversation for the tenth time with a different traveling merchant.

"Ain't got nothing to do with coins!" The old buck toothed bearded woman responded as she spat to her right. Gael took a step back, completely disguised while making an effort not to show it. Her eyes met his, he looked away She says:

"I ain't getting involved with two omegas on the run, least your mate come and have me hung" She repeated the familiar sentence. They've been hearing the same thing from different mouths all afternoon. Monica grit her teeth, and arched her neck, showing off her freshly unmarked skin.

"I'm not mated, and he's not of age yet" She exclaimed. The merchant shook her head.

"I ain't taking the risk,"

"We came here on a carriage for goodness sake," Monica tone slight rose in frustration. "We won't cause any trouble!" She then assured.

"It's trouble to have you on board." The woman began, spitting again in the same direction. "I got men, big rally rough men that like to drink. I ain't gotta tell you what they tend to do to pretty young things when they're drunk"