four | and so it begins

————just like old times

————
just like old times.
————

Jade helped John take out the boxes and set them cleanly on the other side. She took her box, and set it beside her father's. The large difference of gold coins had made her chuckle, as she has around two small handfuls of gold that was shared with her guns and ammunition refills, while her father had several rows with gold coins that filled the an entire box alone. She had to confess however, that some of the coins in her pile, her father gave to her. Although technically, she didn't directly kill those men, he still gave her the credit. She never understood why everyone was so scared of him before, but now taking a good look at the coins, she could see why. Jade knew all the stories, even how watered down they were from several people; talking about her dad; he was the man that you sent to kill the boogeyman, killed three guys with a single pencil, a man of focus, commitment and sheer-fucking will. She heard it first from Winston than Marcus, and almost every assassin knew the name of her father. She heard some things about herself as well; Being the boogeyman's daughter, she's just as deadly as him.' But she didn't believe it herself. She never thought she'd be as good as her dad. Her dad was a legend, and she was his shadow; nothing more. That's how she saw it. Maybe she was too young at the time to understand the context, or she never saw herself like that. Something people feared or revered. She thought she was just like everyone else in the field, it's just that she has the honour of having the last name Wick. Now that she's a fully grown adult, maybe it was true. Albeit rusty, maybe she could make a name for herself. Her skills have definitely improved since she was sixteen, keeping them up by going to paintball events and air-soft hangouts with Natalie. She always kept her skills in check, especially when they worked out.

"Jade, can you hand me those over there?" Her father asked, pointing at his boxes. "Yeah." Jade says, snapping out of her thoughts. She carried them to the desk he was residing at and also brought hers along too.

"So we're gonna do this again? Side by side? Father and daughter?" She asked with a small smirk painted on her face. He looked at her, and gave back a small smile accompanied by a nod. Her smile grew a little wider, as Jade missed this. She missed bonding with her dad. Although back then it was training, she still enjoyed it nonetheless with him. But when he stored all of this away and got both of them out, it made her realize just how big it was in her life. She was certain at the time, that she was going to do this for the rest of her life. She thought she was the only one that missed that life—but her father seemed to cling onto it, or rather, it to him. Her mom had told her the same, thinking that 'domestic life' had some type of effect on her dad. Her mom always loved pointing how how similar she was to her father.