Chapter Six

Together We Will Set The World On Fire

Sorry for any spelling/grammar issues!

CHAPTER SIX

Jenna's POV

That's it! I've fucking had it with Ashley! Ever since I helped him when he was sick, he's been a complete asshole. I got a single glimpse of the sweet guy that he could be, now he's worse than he's ever been.

Every night for the past week I've sang songs directed at him during the instument switch, and still nothing. So tonight, I'm going to change it up.

It was nearing my time to sing on my own, and I could feel the anger boiling inside me. Nothing sappy tonight, tonight I was singing out of pure anger. So I grabbed my guitar and began to sing AVril Lavigne's 'I Can Do Better".

"I couldn't give a damn what you say to me

I don't really care what you think of me

'Cause either way you're gonna think what you believe

There's nothing you can say

That will hurt me 

I'm better off without you anyway

I thought it would be hard but I'm okay

I don't need you if you're gonna be that way

'Cause with me, it's all or nothing

I'm sick of this shit

Don't deny

You're a waste of time

I'm sick of this shit

Don't ask why

I hate 

You now

So go

Away from me

You're gone

So long

I can do better

I can do better"

I sang with as much venom in my voice as I could muster, and I could tell that everyone around me could feel it. Maybe they didn't know WHO I was singing about, but they could certainly feel my emotions. I finished with a harsh glare, then sang with Andy as though nothing had happened.

Ashley's POV

Her words cut like a knife heart through my heart. I don't know why, but I felt like they were directed at me. And it killed me inside.

Jenna's POV

I was so pissed off by the end of the show that Ashley didn't seem the least bit bothered by my angry song choice that I decided to skip meet and greets for the night. Which is saying something, because I've never missed a meet and greet in the past. Never. I told everyone that I wasn't feeling well and apologized numerous times to the fans, generally feeling bad, but still being pissed off enough to not care.

When I got back to the bus I realized that Jake had been behind me the whole time. I turned and smiled at him, but he could see the pain in my eyes. Out of all the guys, I was closest to Jake. He was one of my best friends in the whole world.

"Awwe Jen" he half whined. "C'mere" he said, gesturing to his chest. He pulled me into a hug and I felt the tears in my eyes. He pulled me to my bunk and sat me down, sitting down beside me. 

"Tell me what's on your mind. It's Ash, isn't it?" he asked.

I just nodded. I knew there was no point in trying to hide it from him, and it didn't surprise me that he'd figured it out. He knew me too well. Knowing I could trust him, I took a deep breath and told him everything.

Ashley's POV

I was generally feeling like shit after Jenna's somg, so I told everyone that I was feeling sick too and left the meet and greet early to go and sleep. When I arrived at the bus, I could here Jake and Jenna talking from the bunks. I know how close they are, and wanting to know an explanation to her song, I sat on the couch and listened. 

"Oh Jen." I heard Jake say. "You love him don't you?"

There was a pause. 

"Yes" she half sobbed.

I didn't want to hear any more. My heart had already broken in two. I couldn't control the tears that streamed down my face as I left the bus, deciding I would spend the night with the manager instead.