series finale: twenty years later

It's been twenty years. Twenty years since Draco was put in jail where he belongs. That means he gets out today. I picked up the phone and called the first person I could think of. 

              "Hello? Hermione speaking?" The voice was familiar, but it had been over three years since we had spoke. "Hello? Harry?" She always knew when it was me. She never saved my number into her phone over the course of the years, but she knew when it was me. "He gets out today." 

               "Yeah." I sighed, frowning. "What am I going to do, Hermione?" It's not like Draco could find me even if he wanted to. He was in Texas and I was in New York. "What if he finds me?"

             "Think again, Harry." Her voice sounded closer than it usually did when we talked on the phone.  "Open your window." Doing as told, I looked down to see Hermione and Ron standing on the ground in front of my apartment building. "Let us in, Potter!" She called up the four stories to my window. Nodding, I hung up the phone and sprinted down the stairs to let them in.

             "Thank you so much for coming all this way." I reached out to hug both of them. "Did you fly or-" I stopped myself, noticing a very pregnant Hermione. "Who drove?" I chuckled.

             "I did. Hermione just told me which way to go." Ron smiled, hugging his wife. Harry smiled, despite his jealousy. "So, Harry. The big apple, huh? You'll have to show us around." He grinned.

              "How long are you here for?" I asked, grinning in response. They shrugged.

              "As long as you'll have us, Harry. You know we're here for you." Hermione smiled softly. "So, last time we talked. You mentioned a boyfriend. Talk to me, Harry." Laughing, we went back up to the apartment and sat down. We talked for hours and it felt like being in college again. Like being freshmen all over again. "So, this boyfriend."

               "His name is Alex, he's a journalist. He should be home soon, actually. He took a half day to comfort me." And almost as if on cue, the door opened revealing Alexander Low. "Baby, come meet some friends." I called him over and he joined us. Who would have thought that this would be my life twenty years after I was trapped.