episode five: homeward bound

Our European vacation has wound down to its end. Today's our last day in Europe and I can't believe we're going home. I felt the sun bleed into the suite before opening my eyes and putting on my glasses. I could hear the voice of my love in the next room. He was on the phone with someone, and he didn't sound happy. 

           "You can't do that. We agreed it would all be fine." He snapped into the phone, making me nervous. "We agreed that our flight would be tonight at ten-thirty sharp." He grumbled. I picked up the hotel phone and called for room service to bring up breakfast.  After a few more seconds, I heard him hang up his cell and throw it onto the love-seat. Making my way up from bed, I walked into the separated room and wrapped my arms around Draco to hug him from behind. "Our flight got bumped up a few hours, love."

            "Oh?" I released my grip and he turned to face me. "How many hours?" I whispered, frowning. He sighed, looking down at the ground for a moment. I let him go completely, making it so he had to stare into my eyes. "Draco, how long."

             "We have to be at the airport at noon." He muttered, his frown deepening. Checking the time, I realized that we had three hours to pack and ride to the airport. "I know that's not how you wanted today to go, it's not how I wanted this either. I had dinner plans for tonight at this really romantic hole-in-the-wall restaurant. I was going to-" He paused, stopping his words. "I wanted today to be special for you. Something to remember before we go home." 

               "Draco, it's alright. While you were on the phone, I called room service and ordered us a sweet breakfast to calm you down." I reached down to intertwine our fingers, looking deep into his eyes. "I love you. It doesn't matter what we do together, what matters is that we're together." Reaching up, I kissed him softly. "I'm serious, Draco." 

              "I know, but I-" He was cut off by a knock at the door. "Breakfast time." He grinned, kissing me before going to grab the door. "Oh, babe! This looks amazing!" Letting room service in, they put everything on the table before taking their leave.  We sat down across from each other, devouring every bite of our glorious breakfast. "I love you, Harry." Draco spoke before taking another sip of his coffee. 

            "Well, I mean, I love you too. You know that." I chuckled. He shook his head and stood up, walking over to the window. "Draco, baby?" As I make a move to stand, he turns to face me. "What's wrong?" He shook his head and moved closer to me.

              "Nothing, Harry. Nothing in the world could be wrong. Not as long as we're together." He reached out for my hand, making me confused. He pulled me up and kissed me quick. "We've known each other for a year this week," He grinned. I was astonished. I hadn't even realized it was August again. "I want to travel the whole world with you, Harry. For the rest of my life." He smiled, releasing my hand and dipping his hand into his pocket. My eyes widened. "Harry James Potter, I want to spend the rest of my life with you. I want you now and forever. Say you'll spend forever with me." He bent down on one knee. "Will you marry me?"

             "I-I..." I paused, my hand clamped over my mouth. "Of course I will!" I bent over to pull Draco's face up to mine. "I. Love. You." I spoke, kissing him in between my words. He put the simple ring onto my finger and pressed his lips to mine happily. "We should pack, baby." I chuckled, parting from the kiss. He nodded, laughing. We finished packing and got to the airport with just forty-five minutes to get through customs and get to our gate.

              "Flight 239 to Dallas, Texas is now boarding." The attendant spoke. Within thirty minutes, we were on the plane looking out the window. As an engaged couple. It was a long flight. Eighteen hours, with a layover in Pennsylvania. We arrived back home at nearly midnight.

            "We're home." Draco kissed me, smiling deeply into the kiss. "We're back. Let's just get to my place and we'll make calls in the morning." He smiled. I nodded and we went home and to bed. It's so good to be home.