episode two: ireland

Having never been to Ireland before, it was hard for me to even try to ignore the beauty of the country. As we drove through the Irish countryside, I could feel Draco's eyes on me every so often as I stared out the window. He would chuckle as I gasped whenever we passed a farm. I had never been out of the country before, so it was a new adventure. I should be scared. I should be furious at Draco for taking me so far away, but I couldn't even try to be angry. Ireland was beautiful. We drove along the countryside for nearly an hour before Draco pulled the car onto a side road leading into the woods. 

          "Ireland is beautiful, Draco." I smiled, looking out at the woods. Draco nodded, smiling. "Where are we going?" My voice was quiet, but could still be heard. Draco kept driving, not speaking until we pulled up to a small cabin. "This is so pretty." Harry smiled.

          "I knew you'd like it, Harry. I wanted to take you on a vacation around some of my favorite places. Think of it as my apology for taking you so far away and away from family." Draco smiled. "I wanted us to be able to start over on this trip." Draco's eyes teared up, hopeful and smiling. I tried to say no. I really did, but I found myself nodding and smiling. "I'm glad you want this too." He pulled me in for a hug and my heart melted like it always did.

        "How long are we going on our vacation, Draco?" I smiled, pulling back from the hug. Draco shrugged, causing me to become confused. "Draco?"

        "It's a spontaneous adventure. Nothing has been 100% planned, per se. It could be a few weeks, but it could also be a few months. It all depends on where we go and when we go there. I started us off in Ireland because I knew you would love the countryside, and I figured I would let you pick the next place we go." He smiled, opening the glove box of the car. From it, he pulled a set of keys and a map. "Let's go in, shall we?" Grinning, he got out of the car and went to open up the cabin door. I walked towards the cabin, watching as Draco happily opened the door and bounced into the cabin. Laughing, I followed. "I'll grab our bags, you explore the cabin. I'm sure you'll love it." He smiled, kissing the top of my head as he passed me and went back out to the car. I watched him from the doorway, smiling. A beat passed and I turned to face the entryway of the building. The kitchen was small, but modernized. Opening the fridge, I noticed it was fully stocked. Checking the drawers and cabinets, they all were. I walked into the living room next, it had a vintage feel to it. There were wicker chairs and colorful blankets throughout the room. I was upstairs checking out the bathroom when I heard Draco cuss.

             "What's wrong, Draco?" I called out and heard him hop up the stairs. "Are you alright?" I asked quickly. He nodded silently. "What happened?"

             "I dropped one of the bags on my foot. I'll be alright. Have you seen the bedroom yet?" He asked, smiling. I shook my head and followed him as he walked towards the double doors at the end of the hall. It was a white four-poster bed with blue-green blankets and black pillow cases. It was a beautiful room. "Isn't it lovely?" Draco smiled, walking in to sit on the bed.

         "Very. Where are we going to go during our stay in Ireland?" I smiled. Draco shrugged. "Not planned either?" I laughed as Draco nodded with a goofy grin. Exploring the bedroom, I found a record player and a set of records. Draco watched with a smile as I put on a record and started to dance to the record. It was a soft song I had never heard of, but it was really interesting. The rest of the night was full of dancing, laughing, and smiling like old times.

_______________________________________________________

Song: Only You (And You Alone) by The Platters circa 1955