episode seven: denied

"I'm here to see my fiancé." I growled at the cop when I stormed into the police station the next morning. "You have him held for no reason whatsoever. Do I look like I've been kidnapped? No. Let me see him." The cop rolled his eyes at me and typed something into the machine.

             "Visitors hours aren't available for Malfoy until Thursday." He explained, pointing at the calendar. Today was Monday. I glared at him deeply. 

             "You can't just hold him here. He has to be let out within 48 hours if there are no charges pressed." I pleaded, but knew that nothing would come of it. The cop shook his head.

           "There are plenty charges against him, sir. I apologize ahead of time, but you'll be alerted when time comes." The officer chuckled and then shooed me out of the building. Frowning, I went home and called Hermione.

           "Hermione Granger speaking." The familiar voice held an edge I had heard often enough to know that she was not in a good mood. "Hello?"

           "Hey, Mione." I greeted quietly. I heard her gasp on the other end of the phone. Rolling my eyes, I continued to speak. "So they arrested Draco this morning. Er, well, last night." 

           "I know." Hermione sighed deeply. "I'm the one who tipped that you had come home. Draco's being charged with kidnapping of the first degree."

           "Hermione, you know he didn't kidnap me. I left with him of my own free will." My voice began to raise in volume as I defended Draco. "You have to get them to let him go." 

             "Harry, I can't do that. You know as well as I do, that he did kidnap you. You left whilst unconscious. Yes, you managed to fall back in love with Draco while you were gone. That's common. It's called stockholm syndrome. Feelings of trust or affection felt in certain kidnapping cases by a victim towards a captor. That is the literal definition of stockholm syndrome also is exactly what you're going through with Draco." Her words bit their way into my head and I shook them out.

             "That's not what this is. I've always loved him." I pleaded for her to believe me, my eyes beginning to water.

            "Where are you now? Can you meet? We'll get together and talk about everything."

            "Yeah, I guess. I'm at home. Or, I mean. Draco's home. Which is mine too, now. He proposed before we left Europe. There's a coffee shop close by. The one right off campus. I'll be there in twenty." I explained, rattling off the address and name of the coffee shop before hanging up the phone and getting ready to go.

               When I got to the coffee shop, I ordered my normal drink and sat down in the corner. I watched for Hermione, who cautiously made her way into the building. She ordered a tea and sat down across from me.

               "Hermione, how was your summer?" I smiled, sipping my drink. Shaking her head, she frowned at me. "What?"

               "My summer was shite because I spent the entire thing worrying about where you were and when you were coming home. Your parents, Ron, and I spent the entire summer in New York trying to figure out where you were. You were gone for three months, no phone call or post card." She fought. Frowning, I looked down at my drink. 

                  "Draco was supposed to send a letter to tell everyone when we would be back and where we were going. I watched him put the letter in the post." I sighed, frustrated. Hermione shook her head.

                 "He didn't. We spent three months trying to find you." Hermione took a light sip of her tea. "You may want to talk to your fiancé, Harry. He's not a good guy, okay? He was told about two weeks into your trip that he should bring you home as soon as possible or he would be arrested."

                "W-what?" 

                "Right after you left Ireland and made it to England, we got a tip that he had been spotted in the hotel you guys were at. We called your room one night while you were out and he was warned. He expressed fear and that he would have you home in ten days, but ten days came and left without another word from you." She explained.

                  "I need to talk to Draco. He isn't allowed visitors until Thursday." 

                 "Leave it to me, Harry. You'll be able to visit him by tomorrow afternoon."