He held my gaze the entire time, making me feel uncomfortable.
"Would you mind having lunch with me?"
He asked and I furrowed my brows— not expecting him to use such an approach.
"Yeah sure," I replied. He was acting too different and in a very good way. I could see how things could go terribly wrong if I remained by the side of the new Zayn and it wouldn't be good for me.
He stared at me longer yet again, causing me to fidget.
"Let's get going then," He said, closing his laptop and standing to his feet. I took that as my cue— mimicking his action.
He arranged a few files on his table quickly, opening his drawer for his keys.

All the while, I was checking him out. His black suite that looked like it costs an arm and a leg hugged him in all the right places— displaying his toned muscles. He rolled up his sleeves and his tattoos that I almost forgot existed were on full display.
"Shall we?" He was next to me in seconds, his cologne evading my nostrils. All I could do was nod and it was somehow annoying me at how speechless I was.
I hated the fact that he made me lose my capability to speak all of a sudden, I've been dying to have him talk to me frequently and now that he's doing it— I can't speak.
His hand found its way to the small of my back, attempting to lead me towards the door but for some reason I couldn't move.
"Do you have a copy of the contract here?"
I randomly asked. I had a feeling that if I walked out of his office without signing it— I wouldn't. He paused for what felt like years, probably contemplating on whether to answer yes or no.
Contemplating.

There was a look in his eyes as he stared back at me, a knowing look— almost like he already knew my reason.
Without uttering a word, he walked over to his desk. He pulled out a brown envelope and looked at me frustratedly.
My feet carried me closer— barely an inch away from him. I took the envelope from his hand, opened it and pulled out the contract.
I took a deep breath, reached over for a pen and without thinking twice— I signed. His eyes were glued on me the entire time, I could feel them boring holes into my head.
"I'd read it later."
I said immediately I stood face to face with him and noticed his questioning expression.
"Do you really want this? To be with me I mean. Don't do anything you don't want!"
He asked suddenly and my head snapped in his direction. This time it wasn't all about him, I could tell he cared about what I wanted and that made me feel extremely good about my decision at that moment.
"What do you think?"
I answered his question with a question even though I knew how much it gets on his nerves.
I wanted to scream how much I was dying to be by his side, to hold him, kiss him and make love to him and just how bad I wanted it but I couldn't. His fear of someone loving him would cause him to push me away instantly and that was suddenly becoming my biggest fear.
"Let's go eat!"
He snaked his hand around my waist once again— leading me towards the door and this time my feet could move.

"Cancel every appointment, I won't be returning."
He instructed his personal assistant that looked like she walked out of a painting of the world's perfect woman. I lost myself as I stared at her— not hearing a single word of their conversation. She had big brown pap eyes, different from any I've ever seen even though I've seen several.
I couldn't tell if she was a natural blonde or not due to her eyebrows which were blonde, going contrary to her jet black hair. She reeked of mystery, an exotic kind. She looked like the kind of woman you wouldn't know is your type until you laid eyes on her and I genuinely couldn't believe Zayn wasn't interested in her. He barely looked at her while she spoke.
Standing in the elevator alone with him was torture. It was almost like I had no idea who he was— like I stood by a stranger. I couldn't understand where all those feelings were coming from. My feet carried me a little further away from him, lost in my own world of confusing thoughts and I could tell he was also in his own bubble. He graciously tucked his hands in his pockets, staring into space.