Chapter Twenty Two

Start from the beginning

Cassandra smirked at both the nurse and Olin. He caught her in the corner of his eye and turned to her. She quickly turned away to hide her smile.

************
The doctor studied Cassandra's reflexes as he shined a light into her eyes, "Everything seems normal. You said you hit your head?"

"Yes."

"How did it happen?" The doctor cut his eyes back and forth to the couple.

"I fell while I was running."

"Running from what?"

Olin sighed, "I didn't abuse her."

The doctor crossed his arms, "No one said that you did, but I have to ask these questions for her protection."

Olin eased his expression, "I'm sorry. Please proceed."

The doctor turned back to Cassandra, "What other symptoms have you had?"

"My grip.. It seems weaker."

"Hmm.. I think it's nothing. "Probably just a concussion. Just try to rest the next couple of days."

Cassandra nervously nodded and eased off of the table until Olin stopped her, "Whoa! Wait, no CT scan, or X-ray?"

The doctor sighed, "I do not have the resources for those requests here!"

Olin turned to Cassandra, "Come on, please let me take you to the hospital."

"Olin. I can't afford that."

"Damn it! I'll pay your bill!" He back off as he noticed her fear returning. "I'm sorry to raise my voice."

The doctor rolled his eyes, "What ever. I need to clear the room for the next patient."

Olin glared at the doctor as he helped Cassandra ease off of the examination table, "Quack.."

Cassandra sighed and grasped his hand and lead him out of the clinic. He was fuming inside, but felt wonderful when she held his hand.

***************

Cassandra nervously looked around her beautiful surroundings. Olin asked her if she was hungry, but didn't think he would take her to one of the most expensive restaurants in town. She glanced down at her clothing and then to other women sitting at opposite tables. Olin carelessly looked over the menu as Cassandra tried to do the same. She whimpered to herself, "Side salad, thirty dollars? Do they have  cheaper kids menu?"

Her attention snapped to the waiter as he spoke, "Ladies first..."

Olin and the waiter waited for her response, "I... I.. I don't know.."

Olin pursed his lips and looked to the waiter, "Can you give us a moment?"

"Certainly." Cassandra stared at the table as Olin spoke, "Are you not hungry?"

"I.. Olin, I can't afford a side item from here. Why did you bring me here?"

"I'm covering lunch, and anything else you need in the future."

Cassandra pressed her eyes and then looked to him. Her heart sank as she spotted an unfriendly familiar face walking towards their table. Cassandra cut her nervous eyes up to Vicki, "Oh, Cassandra! Barefoot pregnant and poor suits you. Don't you think so honey?"

Olin's heart was about to beat out of his chest. He wanted to grab her by the throat and slam her face on the table. "Go away."

Vicki sighed, "I told her the truth. Is she going to put your name on the certificate for our baby?"

Cassandra's eyes widened and she bolted from the table. Olin tried to go after her but was blocked by Vicki, "I told you Olin. I would hurt her, just not physically. Emotional is ten times better."

She chuckled as Olin shoved her out of the way and ran after Cassandra.

***************
Did you like the chapter? "Don't care if you think they are short. Did you like the story line?

Is Cassandra going overboard with her anger towards Olin?

What do you think about Vicki's revenge?