Chapter 20: Woken

Peter:

Then I woke up.

Woke up? When did I even fall asleep?

Was it after I ate those pancakes?

Wait...where am I?

I looked around to see glass surrounding me as if I were in a tube.

Suddenly a girl walked up and opened the glass.

"Hello, Peter. I'm Shuri! T'Challa's younger sister. You probably don't remember much, but you're in Wakanda at the moment. And you've been under for a month. How do you feel?" She asked.

My brain was trying to process everything and was I dreaming that entire time?

"I feel okay. Just...confused? I feel like I've been through so much for months and it was all a dream?" I looked at her hoping she had a good answer to give.

"Crap. You had that Inception thing happen, right?" She sighed and sat in a chair next to mine.

I nodded.

"Well, it hasn't happened ever but we assumed it was possible if we put someone under. It never happened to Barnes, but I suppose he was pretty used to being under for long periods of time." She explained.

"Why was I even put under in the first place?" I asked.

"Another good question. What was the last thing you remember, Peter?" She asked.

"Um, I don't know! I've dreamt two different realities and it's driving me nuts! I don't know what's going on! I wanna see my Aunt May and Stark!" I started to hyperventilate.

"Woah, kid. Calm down. They know you're here. Cause they put you here." She said putting her head down.

"What? Why?" I was tired of the secrecy and wanted all the answers.

"They don't know. You went rogue for weeks. They tried to catch you but you never let them. We had to come in and they thought it was best if we put you under." She said.

"Rogue? I don't remember ever going rogue. And what do you mean by 'rogue'?" I asked, growing more serious.

"Jesus, Peter. You killed 30 people in New York. But, please don't blame yourself, we all knew it was something else controlling you. You wore a black suit similar to yours now but no one assumed it was Spiderman. They just thought a wannabe villain with similar powers to yours wanted to draw you out to kill you. Little did they know." She shook her head and looked at me with apologetic eyes.

"Oh." I felt guilty but was surprised that I didn't blame myself entirely.

I got what she was saying and her telling me not to blame myself made me feel a lot better. At this point, I didn't care what happened next. I just wanted to leave.

"How long ago was that?" I asked.

"A month, as long as you've been under." She said.

"Shuri, do you think I could go see my Aunt and Stark now?" I looked at her with hopeful eyes and she smiled at me.

"They never left, kid." She opened the blinds and I saw the large view of New York.

"Wait...so we're not in Wakanda?" I asked, puzzled.

"Nope. We are in the Big Apple! I needed to make sure you were sane before I let you outta here." She smiled and ruffled my hair.

"I guess we haven't formally met yet. I'm Peter Parker. Spiderman!" I laughed.

"I'm Shuri, Princess of Wakanda." She shook my hand and gave me a very friendly smile.

"How old are you?" I asked.

"I'm 16." She said.

"Wow! I'm 15! So, I guess we're very close in age!" I blushed.

"Yeah! Now come on. You wanna see your family or not?" She giggled.

I followed her out the door to the best surprise.

---------------------------------------------

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR READING AND I KNOW IT WAS SHORT AND ITS BEEN A WHILE BUT IM GLAD TO COME BACK!

also, this storyline is made up, i decided to not include the infinity war storyline because (1) i wanted to be original and (2) i haven't seen it yet lmao ik whyyyy