Chapter 8: Take Me Back

Peter:

I was almost going to riot outside of the Avengers Tower. I went around school asking if Spider-Man should be an Avenger, working for the school paper comes in handy at times. I decided that doing this would get Stark's attention, hopefully others.

I walked outside of my school one day to be hit by Clint. My Spidey senses aren't good enough for this guy.

"What the heck, Peter? You're going around your school now?" He held up a poster I put up.

"If he won't listen, maybe they will." I tried walking away but he grabbed my backpack and pulled me back.

"Not so fast, Spidey. Stark. Wants. You. Back." He clapped at each pause.

"Really?" I asked in shock.

"Of course! He just wants you to take a break and learn about what you did and how it was wrong." He explained.

"Wait, did he tell you guys?" I asked.

"It may have come up in a conversation, yes." He nodded.

"Geez, I bet you're equally disappointed." I said.

"Actually, I'm more surprised. I mean a straight A student with an amazing job, I thought that things like 'problematic teen' was something you were immune to." He said.

"Apparently not, seeing that I did it." I sighed.

"Your just as mad at yourself, aren't you?" He asked.

"Of course I am! But I don't want him to think I was drunk on my own." I said.

"On your own? We're there other people involved?" He asked.

"You see, there was a party that night and I didn't even want to go. But this girl I liked, Liz, she was there. I wanted to get to know her and everything but freakin Flash Thompson got in the way. He dared me to drink down a whole bottle of liquor. Because of my immune system, I was fine. Until he asked me to drink another and another. I was just trying to impress Liz. But it all just made her turn away. Now she hates me." I explained, leaning against the school's brick wall outside.

"Kid, when you get older, you'll realize that impressing a girl is never what she wants. She wants to see the real you, and that's what she'd be impressed with. Unless the real you is a party animal, then I suggest you try to be yourself next time." He said.

"Thanks, Clint. By chance, are you headed back to the tower?" I asked.

He rolled his eyes, "Get in the car."

And we drove off.

-------------

"What is he doing here?!" Tony yelled in Clint's face while pointing his finger at me.

"Tony, don't be a child, let him talk to you." Clint reasoned.

"Fine." Tony rolled his eyes, and my heart broke.

"Are you that mad?" I asked.

"What do you think, genius?" He sarcastically asked.

"Never mind, I'll just leave." I grabbed my backpack but Clint pulled me back for the second time today.

"Apologize, Tony." Clint said.

"Me?! Why me?" He asked, clearly shocked, as was I.

"Because I know he apologized to you! Be a grown up and treat the kid like what he is! A kid!" Clint yelled.

Tony sighed and walked up towards me, I was afraid he was gonna hit me or something. But instead he held out his arms for a hug.

I slowly hugged him and he squeezed me tighter. And tighter. Until I couldn't breathe.

"Ok-Ton-" I almost said but was most likely dying.

"Ease up, Tone." Steve said. He must have slipped in behind us.

"Now listen here you little-" Tony started.

"Language!" Steve interrupted. Just like in my dream, weird.

"You shouldn't have done what you did. You hear me?!" He yelled.

I nodded quickly and held out my arms for another hug with a fake big smile.

He laughed and hugged me.

We stayed like that until dinner rolled around. Aunt May came along and joined us for dinner.

We were having lasagna, peas, and corn casserole. And I hate half of the whole bowl. Being a growing teenager and Spider-Man can make your metabolism go nuts.

"So, you now know Peter is Spider-Man?" Tony asked May.

"Yep. We talked the other night. And as much as I am worried. I am proud." She smiled and rubbed my back.

"In that case, here you go." Tony said, reaching under the table to reveal my suit.

"Really?!" I asked in pure delight.

"Yeah, just don't get wild anymore." He laughed.

I nodded and hugged my suit. I'd never been happier.

------------
Tony:

"Tony." Clint whispered to me.

"Yep." I said.

"I need to talk to you about something. It's not urgent. But it's important." He said.

"Can it wait until after dinner?" I asked.

"Sure." He nodded, going back to lasagna.

Peter looked like he was ready for a third bowl of lasagna.

I guess I need a chef with this boy.

✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖
I wonder what Clint wants to tell Tony?

Did anyone see Nerdist's post on YouTube where Spider-Man is dancing to That's What I Like by Bruno Mars? It's amazing! Go check it out!