Explaining The Creatures~

Sorry, this isn't really a chapter, but I wanted everyone to understand the creatures I will most likely incorporate into the story, and what the difference is between them e.x naga and lamia. I won't be doing anything with an animal head and human body, mainly since I want characters easy to recognize :) Keep in mind, this is what they will look like in the story. Not everything is accurate to the actual mythical creature.

Horse Hybrids

Centaur: Something with the upper half of a man or woman, and the lower half of a horse. Ino is a centaur.

Onocentaur: The same as a centaur, but with the lower half of a donkey

Sileni/Silenus: a satyr, but with the features of a horse

elaphokentauros: Like a centaur, but with the bottom half of a deer. Sakura is a elaphokentauros.  

Goat Hybrids

Glaistigs: A ghost with the form of half goat half woman

Satyr: A creature with the legs of a goat and torso of a man, normally mischievous

Bird Hybrids

Harpy: a half bird, half woman with bird wings connected to the forearms, plus the legs of a bird

Lilitu: a woman with the legs of a bird, but her wings are connected to her back instead of arms

Kinnara: A creature with the legs and claws of a bird, has a pair of wings on back and small pair of wings on the back of thighs. Can be of any gender. Male cybrids that are part bird are normally kinnaras.

Angel: A creature with the body of a human and the wings of a bird. Those who hear it's song, can often have illusions and think there is a halo above the creatures head.

Fish Hybrids

Dagon: A creature with the body of a human, but distinctive features of a fish. These include fins running up the back, fins behind the ear, fins on the forearms, fins on the thighs, fins on the calves, and gills either located on the neck or lower torso. Dagons normally have their irises fill up the entire eye, so there is no white in their eye. Dagons can be of any gender, and are the only fish hybrid with legs that can walk on land easily.

Ichthyocentaur: these are creatures with the legs of a horse, torso of a human, and the tail of a fish. Can be of any gender, and some have learned to walk on land, though most do not. They can be any gender.

Mermaid/Merman: A species that is normally at the bottom of the sea or any salt water, and two pairs thin pieces of a silk like material on the sides of their tail for movement, gills, the same silk like material behind their ears and on the forearms. They are normally bioluminescent to help navigate at the bottom of the sea. Their irises also fill up most of their eyes. They can be any gender.

Jengu: a creature with the same description as a mermaid/merman, except they live in freshwater. They also do not have the silk like material on their tails, and are not bioluminescent. Jengu are normally have brighter colored tails than the mermaid/merman. Can be any gender, but are normally female. Asuma Sensei is a Jengu.

Siren: a feared creature by most. It lures its prey in with singing, and only eats things with human flesh, so it does not hunt sea creatures. Has the same description as the Mermaid/merman, but with sharp fangs.

Selkie: A creature with the bottom half of either a shark, seal, or whale and the upper half of a human. Kurenai Sensei if a selkie.

Snake Hybrids