Secrets

TW: THERE IS A SELF HARM SCENE. If you're easily triggered please skip the chapter. Or if you just want to skip the part, it happens just after her fight with her father. It's not too long.

A weeks gone by.

A long and otherwise slow week with not a word from Jimin. You have no idea why he won't talk to you. Or where he is. Or even if he's okay.

All you've been doing is going to classes, reading, or sleeping. Everything has been pretty boring. Your brains been in a fog because of it. You can't stop thinking about that text message. And why did he deflect talking about it so hard?

A knock sounds on your door.  Causing you to jump and your heartbeat to spike.  You get up very reluctantly and drag your feet while walking to your door. Once opened it reveals your dad on the other side.

"Hey baby, I have the day off of work. Do you want to go and see a movie or something?" He looks at you and gives you what you can only describe as his 'dad smile'.

"Uh, like a korean flick?" You reply skeptically. If so you'd really rather not. Not with your dad anyway.

"No no. There's an American theatre a ways away from here. For us foreigners" He replies "I was thinking Deadpool 2 or the new Avengers movie?"

"Mmm okay, yeah. I have to shower and get dressed, but I can be ready after that?"

"That's fine doll. I'll be down stairs." Smiling he turns around and heads down the stairs to wait for you.

So you rummage around your wardrobe and grab a pair of white skinny's and your red leather jacket with a black t-shirt. Taking them with you to the bathroom.

***

When minimal makeup is applied you give yourself a once over and trodd downstairs. Grabbing your keys and wallet.

"You ready?"

"Yeah I'm good to go" you say back smiling. Its been a while since you've  gotten to go out with your dad. So you're  pretty excited but also kind of emotionally  withdrawn. It's hard for you to be 100 percent invested in your time with him when everything else is going on.

"You want me to drive? Or do you want to?" You ask looking over at your dad just to see him grinning ear to ear while looking at you.

"What?" You ask a bit snippy. The staring is wigging you out. What is he thinking about? You wonder. You didn't mean to snap however and apologize to him.

"It's okay, but nothing I'm just happy to be spending time with my babygirl" he says. Your heart warms, cracking the ice that's held it prisoner for the past few days.
He gets into your passenger seat and waits patiently for you to get in as well.

"It's been a while since I've ridden in this thing. I've missed it" he comments with a small content smile.

He's not kidding. It's been a while. If you don't count him helping you get her ready for that race.  Although he just thought it was for fun. He never realized you were prepping her to be a street beast.

***

You arrive at the movie theatre. It looks like one of those stereotypical old school theatres you see in movies. Stepping inside the smell of popcorn, butter, and people fill the air. The smell alone has your stomach grumbling for food. You should have had something before coming.

You weave in and out of foot traffic to get to the glass counter filled with candy for your dad to order your tickets. And hopefully some buttery popcorn.

"Can I get two large blue raspberry freezes and a large popcorn?" He asks handing the girl his credit card. She takes it from him and smiles. "Of course and would that be all?" He shakes his head in reply" No, and two tickets to Deadpool" she nods her head and gets to work putting everything together. You can't imagine having to ask the same sentence over and over again throughout the day. A job like this would suck for you. You feel for her when it appears she's struggling to get the machine for your drinks to work. You stand there for a few minutes waiting for her to be done and hand you your things.