4| Maybe I'm the one who needs to chill.

Start from the beginning

Ella walks up to Mila and me and says, "The weapons they stole were machine guns. But they also took a small shipment of our drugs." What the fuck are they trying to do?

*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*

After finishing my breakfast, I start to get ready for school. Not a smooth transition, but whatever. What are you talking about?

Outfit:

Before I leave, I grab my backpack and step outside

Before I leave, I grab my backpack and step outside. I decided to walk since it was the perfect temperature. Not too hot and not too cold.

When I get to my locker, I open it, and a piece of paper falls out. I pick it up, and it's a picture of Ashton and me. Bitch what?

On the back, someone wrote: Stay away from him, and no one will get hurt.

I look around on high alert, but nothing is out of the norm. Wow, I'm so scared. I snort and shove it into my backpack.

*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*

I sit down at my lunch table with Mila and Ella. "Hey, guys! How's your day been?" I ask.

"Boring," Ella says.

"I want to go back to sleep..." Mila sighs, laying her head down on the table.

"I swear my math teacher hates me. I make one side comment, and she gives our whole class extra homework. Now I'll never make friends." Zane complains.

"We're friends," Ella adds shyly.

Zane and Ella start their own conversation, so I turn my attention to Mila and Tristian. "Anything new with you two?" I ask them.

Mila keeps her eyes closed, so Tristian decides to speak. "I think my history teacher is bringing us donuts next week. But only if we all turn in our first assignment."

"Lucky," I say. "Wish my teachers would give me free food." I look around and can't spot Ashton. "Do any of you know where Ashton is?" I ask.

"I think a girl named Jenny invited him to sit at her table. They're over there." Zane explains, pointing at the table. I thought he didn't care about those assholes?

"Oh," I say, hiding my disappointment.

Ashton catches me staring, so I wave with a smile, but he ignores me and looks away. Dick. Whatever, he can do whatever he wants. I grab my phone and text my mom.

Madre ❤️:

Can you hack into the school's
cameras on the second floor?
Someone slipped something into
my locker, and I want to know who

Sure, is someone trying to threaten you?

Nothing serious for now. I can handle it.

Video Attachment:

Thanks

Lmk if there's anything else you need

Will do. Love you ❤️

Love you more 😘

I watch the video and see someone wearing all black, with their hood on, slip the piece of paper into my locker. But they were careful enough to hide their face from all the angles of the security cameras.

"What are you watching?" Ella asks curiously.

"Just a music video. It was trending on YouTube." I say with a shrug.

"Was it good?" Mila asks.

"Nope," I say, turning off my phone.

When the bell rings, I head back to class. A few minutes later, I noticed Ashton walking in with Jenny. I can tell by his body language he doesn't want to be anywhere near her. Then why is he?

Ignoring my thoughts, I roll my eyes and move on. He can be friends with whoever. I just thought we were becoming friends. Obviously not if he's avoided you all day. Maybe I'm the one who needs to chill.

<~~~~~~~~~~>

Thanks for reading! 💖

Hope to see you in the next chapter!

Byeeeeeeeeee! 👋