Forgiveness For the Sinner

Start from the beginning

"Oh my God". 

Tiffany and Namjoon entered through the large glass doors of the high profile legal building, the biggest in Korea. They were escorted towards the reception area by security after showing their identification. "Hello Sir, Madam. Welcome to Park, Jeong and Fischel Law Firm. How can I help you today? Do you have an appointment with one of our legal executives?" a young man at the desk greeted the pair very professionally. "No, but we'd like to see the boss please" Namjoon replied. The receptionist shook his head, "not possible I'm afraid, she's informed me that she's busy and cannot see anyone today". The lawyer groaned in frustration, a reaction that was mirrored by Tiffany. "Can you please send a message to her that I want to speak to her? My name is Kim Namjoon and she's being trying to con-". "Kim Namjoon?" the receptionist interrupted, "go right up Sir, she has you listed as a high priority client. Her office is on the top floor, it's the only room on the level so you can't miss it. She's not answering her phone right now but go right through, she'd be a lot more upset if she missed you again". 

"I don't know what you expect me to do, I am being pushed to my limits as it is" Dara uttered over the phone as she sat at her polished walnut desk, in a black pinstriped suit jacket and skirt, a simply black shirt underneath. "Do you realise that I am currently campaigning to become Supreme Prosecutor of the Courts? There is so much public attention on me right now I have to plan every move I make carefully. I cannot put myself in a position that will jeopardise my career...hold on Minzy, there's someone at my door", "Come in!" she yelled across her office before continuing her phone conversation. Namjoon and Tiffany cautiously opened the door and entered the office, both moderately intimidated by the stature the owner of the office held in the country. Dara took a brief glance at the pair entering the room and her mood dramatically altered, "M...I gotta go", she hung up the call before Minzy even had chance to respond. "Mr Kim, Miss Hwang, please take a seat" she said calmly despite being anything but calm inside, as she gestured towards the chairs the other side of her desk. Tiffany was a little startled and concerned that Dara knew who she was but she chose to save face and remain in control.

"Would you like a drink?" Dara asked as she lifted the jug of water and began to pour it into to some glasses, "I've been trying to contact you for months". "I apologise for that" Namjoon replied, "as you can imagine I've been very busy and was unware at the time of what you wanted to talk to me about, but now I realise". The attorney handed Tiffany one glass of water before continuing to pour another, "Lone Wolf" she said calmly in response to Namjoon. "Yes" he said with a subtle smile, "Lee Chaerin has been causing my client quite the headache". Dara's heart sank, they knew Chaerin's identity, how was that even possible. She had not anticipated that Jennie and her associates would know so much, did they know that she was married to Chaerin?

Namjoon and Tiffany glanced at each other awkwardly as Dara failed to notice she had already filled the glass up and was now pouring water all over her desk. "Shit" she groaned under her breath as she quickly tried to dry the table. "Impressive" she replied coolly as she wiped the water up with a cloth. "So what is it you wanted to discuss about your client?" Tiffany asked. Dara sat down and cleared her throat, "it would seem you are a little ahead of me. However I believe my advice is still valid, I suggest hiding and going dark completely, all associates of Miss Kim, friends, family etc. Leave the country if necessary". Namjoon shook his head slightly, "that is no longer an option. My client has chosen to elevate the situation beyond merely hiding". The attorney raised an eyebrow with intrigue, "meaning?" she asked. "Meaning a hit has been ordered against your client" Namjoon replied calmly. Dara held her hand in front of her mouth and began to giggle, coughing slightly as she attempted to compose herself, "forgive my rudeness but I think my client's recent run of misfortune has drawn you into a false sense of security. I can assure you Lone Wolf is the most deadly assassin in the world and isn't someone you should take lightly. I'm sure whatever thug you have hired is highly professional but it would take an entire army to take down Chaerin". Namjoon smirked arrogantly, "from what I've heard G-Dragon is tougher than an army". For the second time today the associates of Jennie Kim had caused Dara's heart to sink and her stomach to churn, "it would appear your client does not intend on ending things peacefully. She's going straight for the nuclear weapons, so to speak". The man nodded, "a friend has been killed and two other friends have seriously injured, her patience has been more than tested, wouldn't you say?". The older woman remembered the night some months ago, when she rescued Chaerin from the masked men, not realising that Jennie and her friends thought Chaerin herself was responsible, "the wound in the Thai girl looked very nasty, how is she?". "Her condition is non of your concern" Tiffany replied sternly in response. "I'm afraid I must ask you to leave now, I am very busy. I only ask you attempt to convince your client to call off the hit on Chaerin and I will do my best to stop Lone Wolf".