(30) I Want To Do Real Bad Things With You

I Want To Do Real Bad Things With You

Chapter 30

Jace’s POV

 I couldn’t believe that Drake had actually said that but it was funny as shit and I honestly don’t really care what anybody thinks, however, I didn’t want Drake to be getting into any fights. Luckily Sam and Jackson didn’t freak out like I had expected they would. It was clear that they weren’t impressed and they looked relieved when Drake informed them that he won’t be bunking with them anymore. They made no attempt to start a fight although Jackson seemed to think that we are disgusting. That’s nothing new though so I just smiled and moved a little closer to Drake.

We had our first class together which I was really grateful for since I had no idea where to go.

We didn’t hold hands during the day, not because Drake didn’t want to but because I thought that we should just avoid as much trouble as possible. Word spreads fast through and by the time we made our way to the football field for Drake’s practice session it seemed that almost everybody knew about us.

I don’t think they would have cared much if Drake wasn’t trying to become the universities next big football star but since he is, people seemed to have taken a bit of interest in this new juicy bit of gossip.

Coach Carter seemed to have been informed about this as well and I have to admit that I was a bit nervous about his reaction. Drake’s future did depend on it after all.

I was about to sit down on the bleachers as Drake started making his way over to the Coach when he waved me over. It kind of reminded me of the time when our high school coach found out about us. The other players were warming up nearby and I could feel their eyes on me as I made my way over to where they were standing.

“I’ve heard some very interesting rumors going around campus,” Coach said as I reached them.

“Oh yeah, what are they?” Drake questioned.

“That you two are … more than friends,” Coach replied, looking very uncomfortable. It was strangely entertaining watching such a big man squirm.

“Does it matter?” Drake asked in return, being his usual straight forward and stubborn self.

“Not at all but I’d like to know if it is true,” Coach stated, still looking uncomfortable.

“It’s true,” Drake confirmed, smiling at me and causing my insides to go all tingly.

“Some of the players aren’t very happy about it,” Coach said, confirming what I already knew.

“They’ll just have to learn to deal with it,” Drake stated.

“Agreed but if they give you any trouble I want you to let me know. I don’t want any unnecessary tension between you guys. I’m planning on winning the state championships this season,” Coach replied and then looked directly at me.

“Your application said that you used to play football,” he stated.

“Yeah, a few years back,” I confirmed.

“I could use some fresh players, do you want to try out?” he asked.

“Oh no, I gave that up a long time ago, wasn’t really my thing,” I replied, not having to think about it. I enjoyed playing when I was much younger but now I enjoy the game much more from the side, where I can watch Drake in all his glory.

“That’s a shame, from what I read it seemed like you were quite talented with the ball,” he stated, causing both me and Drake to chuckle.

Coach went red in his face, realizing what he had said and then excused himself and headed over to the other players.

I headed back to the bleachers where I made myself comfortable and Drake joined the rest of the football team.

It was fun to watch Drake play again and although his hand was still bandaged, he seemed to be doing fine. I couldn’t help myself from worrying though, I guess it just comes with the territory.

When they were done, Drake quickly changed and then we headed back into town, it was late afternoon but most of the places were still open and we managed to find a good second hand car dealer. Their prices weren’t ridiculous and all the cars were in good condition.

“It’s your choice,” Drake stated as we walked through the rows of cars

“I don’t know, I mean, it doesn’t really matter as long as it is reliable,” I replied truthfully. If we get a big and comfy one it will be a bonus but it’s not exactly necessary.

“I’m not choosing,” Drake stated as he came to a stop and smiled his wickedly sexy smile at me.

“What if I chose something and its crap?” asked.

“Then we’ll fix it if it breaks,” Drake chuckled.

I sighed and looked around at the cars again. There were a lot I liked but one that stood out.

“What about this one?” I asked, walking over to a shiny black Double cab van.

“Seriously?” Drake questioned, his eyes sparkling with excitement.

“Yeah, you’d look good in it,” I replied.

“You’d look better,” Drake stated and a few minutes later we were sitting in the office filling out all the paper work.