(17) I Want To Do Real Bad Things With You

I Want To Do Real Bad Things With You

Chapter 17

Drake's POV

Lying next to Jamie felt almost unreal after everything that had happened and all I could think of is how lucky I am to have him. I felt horrible for having caused him so much pain, I couldn't even imagine how he must have felt when he saw that picture. The though made me cringe and I tried to think of something else but I couldn't. I should never have left him alone and there was no way I was ever leaving his side again, no matter what.

Jace had drifted off to sleep only seconds after I wrapped my arms around him but I didn't dare move. I wanted to stay right there next to him so that I could make sure that he was really okay. The doctors came in a few times to monitor his vitals and although I could tell that they weren't really impressed with me none of them chased me away. They probably saw the look on my face and knew not to try to force my away from him. I think I might have killed anybody that tried to get me to leave him.

I don't know for how long I laid like that, holding Jace in my arms, but every inch of my body was aching from not having moved by the time he woke. It didn't matter though I would hurt forever if I knew that he was happy.

Jace's eyes fluttered open and immediately focussed on me.

"Hey, how are you feeling?" I asked, still not daring to move.

"Sore," he answered, causing me to hate myself even more. I had no idea that it was even possible.

"I'm so sorry Jace, I never should have left you," I said, pleadingly.

"It's not your fault, I was stupid, I should have listened to you," he stated, his voice filled with self-loathing.

"No, don't you ever blame yourself for any of this. There was no way you could have known what really happened. It was all my fault. I should have told you about that stupid party," I replied, my worst fears confirmed. He was going to blame himself for everything that happened.

"It's true though," he said and then smiled at me, causing my insides to warm and my heart to race in my chest. It is amazing how just a smile on his lips can give me so much hope.

"No it's not and I'm not arguing about it. We both know none of this would have happened if I didn't leave you here so it's my fault and I promise that I am going to spend the rest of my life trying to make it up to you," I stated, refusing to let him blame himself.

"We could argue about this the whole day but I don't think it will get us anywhere," Jace replied with a twinkle in his eyes that I knew all too well.

"What would you rather do then?" I asked, catching on to his playful manner which caused me to relax a bit.

"I can think of a lot of things but I don't think I am in any condition to do them," he replied teasingly and once again I couldn't believe how lucky I am to have him.

"You could tell me about them though," I said as I finally decided that it was safe to move. He smiled at me and waited for me to change my position next to him. I moved onto my side and propped myself up on my elbow so that I had a better view of his beautiful face.

"I'm not sure that is such a good idea, you know I can't control myself when I get excited," he said as his eyes grew darker with lust. I gulped and took a deep breath, his words causing me to squirm a bit. He had no idea how badly I wanted to wrap him in my arms and make love to him but I couldn't right now and the reason for that was going to haunt me for a very long time.

One of the doctors came in at that point and since Jace was awake I didn't have any choice but to leave his room so that they could do what they had to do. I hated every second I wasn't with him and refused to move from outside his door.

"Why don't you come with me and we'll have a look at your hand," somebody asked and I turned around to see the doctor I had spoken to when I first got here.

"No thanks, I'm fine," I replied, looking at my bandaged hand.

"You wouldn't want it getting infected, would you?" he asked, sounding a bit irritated by my reply.

"I honestly don't really care at the moment, I'm not leaving him," I replied, causing the doctor to shake his head and walk away.

My throbbing hand was really the least of my worries at the moment. The only thing that mattered was Jace. I had to make sure he gets better so that I could start making up for all the hurt that I had caused him.