(24) I Want To Do Real Bad Things With You

I Want To Do Real Bad Things With You

Chapter 24

Jace’s POV

I woke with Drake’s arms holding me protectively. I felt safe and content for the first time in a very long time. I had woken a few times during the night but Drake was there for me every time. Holding me and telling me how everything was going to be okay and how much he loves me. Finally opening up to him and admitting how I felt really helped, I should have done it from the start but I was terrified and confused.

I cuddled deeper into his embrace and watched him as he slept. He really needed a good night’s rest and since I kept him awake most of the night I figured I would just leave him until he woke up. I was in my favorite place in the world anyway. There is nowhere else I would rather be than Drake’s arms.

We laid like that for a while before Drake woke, his eyes focusing on me immediately.

“How are you feeling?” he asked, his eyes filled with concern. I didn’t like it. I wanted to see the happy, carefree Drake. The one that would laugh and joke and kiss me anywhere and anytime until I blushed.

“Better,” I replied and then without over thinking it I moved in his arms so that I was laying half way on top of him and pressed my lips to his.

He seemed taken by surprise by my sudden forwardness since I was so distant lately but the smile on his face was worth it. My heart warmed and the concerned look in his eyes turned to a much lighter happy one.

“What was that for?” he asked when I pulled my lips away, breaking our kiss.

“For taking such good care of me,” I replied and then rolled off of him and got to my feet. He looked amused and happy. I like seeing him like that.

“We need to go to the hospital to get my hand looked at,” Drake stated as he got out of bed.

“That is a good ideas,” I replied, smiling at him as I started searching around in the cupboard for something to wear.

“I don’t really want to go tough, I can think of much better things to do,” Drake said from behind me as his arms wrapped around my naked chest. The touch of his hands set my body on fire and I almost took him up on his offer but we really do need to have his hand looked at.

The doctor was not at all impressed with Drake and looked at the two of us like we needed to be locked up in a mental institute somewhere but the results were good. His hand was bruised badly but nothing was broken or badly damaged. This made me feel a lot better and I could tell that Drake was in a much better mood as well.

We stopped at a diner in town for lunch and Drake held my hand in his as we made our way inside, reminding of before. Maybe Drake is right and things can still work out for us. I actually had fun and when we got back home and Drake suggested that we need to figure out what we are going to do next regarding our move I was really excited.

The lawyer who Drake’s Dad spoke to about renting out the house had some really good news for us when we phoned him to find out what was going on. He had found somebody who wanted to hire the house with all of the furniture and was willing to pay a descent amount every month. It was a lot more than I expected and the fact that they wanted to keep all the furniture was a good thing because we wouldn’t have to worry about what to do with the stuff.

“When do you want to go?” Drake asked as he hung up his phone and turned to look at me. He had a sparkle in his eyes that caused my stomach to flip.

“As soon as possible,” I replied honestly.

“Seriously?” Drake questioned, looking a bit surprised.

“Yeah, it will be like a fresh start. I think it will be good for us,” I answered, getting more excited by the moment. We are actually going to this this. We are going to move to a different state and officially be completely on our own.

“I think so too, let’s see when we can get a flight,” Drake replied as he logged onto the laptop.

I watched as he scanned through all the available flights and then clicked on one that was leaving the following morning.

“If we take this one we will have the whole weekend to settle in,” he stated but it sounded more like a question, obviously wanting me to agree before buying the tickets.

“Do it,” I said, having no reason to delay our move. I have nobody to say goodbye to and although the house held many good memories, it also held a lot of bad ones that I would rather forget.

Drake gave me a wickedly sexy smile and then pressed the confirm button, booking our flight tickets.

“We should probably get packing,” he stated as he switched off the laptop.

“What about your car?” I questioned, knowing how much he loves it.

“I’ll ask my dad if we can leave it at their house for a while until we have time to come and fetch it and drive it up,” he answered.

“We are going to need a car since we are going to be living off campus,” I stated.

“I know but I was thinking we could buy one for you and use it to get around,” Drake replied with a smile.

“Seriously?” I asked surprised. We never discussed buying a car for me since Drake was living on campus and I was using his.

“Yeah and if we have enough money we can put in a kickass sound system too,” Drake replied looking excited by the idea.

“That will be so cool,” I stated as I got up from the couch and held my hand out to Drake who took it enthusiastically.

I was still terrified of going to sleep but at the same time I knew Drake would be there to help me through it and I was determined not to freak out. I had a lot to look forward to and a lot more to be grateful for and I didn’t want to waste any time reminiscing about the past. I want to spend every second with Drake, making him happy and I had something in mind that would do exactly that.