Do You Hear What I Hear?

Another One-Shot in the peak of summer! What can I say? Anyway this is a bit more serious because it is from Nico's point of view.

Nico POV~

Nico used to love Christmas- Love was an understatement. He would simply adore all the little things about the jolly holiday, starting from the red and gold decorations that were hung around Westover Hall, his old military school, to the presents he and Bianca got each other. Every year he would buy Bianca a small gift from the aged shop right outside the school and in return, she would buy him items to go with his Mythomagic game. It had sort of become their tradition until Bianca died when Nico was 10. After that, he stopped celebrating Christmas all together. That is the reason he knew staying in Camp Half Blood during the merry season was a bad idea, because no doubt would Percy try to pester him to celebrate with all of them.
***
Nico threw a marble sized stone in to clear water of the camp lake, watching as it slowly rippled as the pebble came in contact with it. Even though Chiron allowed the early winter snow to fall through the protection bubble, none of the lakes were frozen due to the water nymphs that stayed there. Nico was taking a lonely stroll around Camp Half-Blood because he felt the need to get away from all the excitement over Christmas and decided to pay the canoeing lakes a visit.
Plunk.
He threw another stone and tried to think about anything but the fact that the anniversary of his sister's death was just a couple days ago.
Plunk.
Anything but the fact that Bianca died as a result of trying to grab a Hades figurine for him.
Plunk.
Anything but the fa- Suddenly a couple things happened at once. One- A water nymph quickly appeared out of the water and threw a rock back at Nico. Two- Nico fell backwards trying to avoid the incoming stone. And three- He looked up and saw Percy staring down at him clearly hiding laughter. Nico scowled as he hurled himself up, but the frown hardly
contained any venom in it due to the slight blush on his cheeks. Luckily Percy didn't notice- he was too busy talking to the water nymph who was now violently shaking her cerulean fist and shouting in a language Nico didn't understand.

"No no, he didn't mean any harm." Percy tried to reason with the spirit.

"I am sure- No I get your point but-gods keep the curse words to a minimum."
The nymph keep her protests up for a more couple minutes before shooting a nasty look and a slash of water at the duo and vanishing. Nico gave Percy a curious look.

"What did she say?" he asked even though he had a pretty good idea what. Percy didn't meet his eyes and rubbed the back of his neck- the sure sign of lying.

"Misty was just saying sorry for throwing the rock at you, um but you might not want to come by these lakes much." Nico just rolled his eyes at Percy's attempt to fib.

"Do you need anything Percy?" Nico stated, trying to ask in the nicest possible way, though he was pretty sure it came across differently. Percy shifted his gaze from the lake to Nico.

"Christmas campfire is starting soon, and everyone wants you to be there." Nico was pretty sure that by 'everyone wants you to be there' Percy meant 'Hazel, Jason and I want you to be there'. Before he could even make up an excuse Percy raised his eyebrows and crossed his arms.

"And yea, you aren't going to be thinking of any excuses." Nico gave in thinking it over. All he had to do was sit on a log quietly and listen to annoying people chatter about the holidays. . . It couldn't be that unpleasant right?

***

Wrong. He was really, super wrong. The last time Nico had attended a camp event was ages ago, and he didn't think that he ever went to a campfire. Apparently talking wasn't all they did in a campfire, singing was pretty big also. So here he was, Nico Di Angelo, sitting on a freezing piece of wood, with a Rudolph printed blanket cocooning his body, and listening to the Stroll brothers sing an inappropriate version of Santa Claus is Coming to Town.