Chapter 34: Perishable

Start from the beginning

Sabrina sighed and knew she would regret saying this. "Okay, we can go." Malia smiled and pulled Sabrina closer to her side. "We are going to have so much fun tonight." 

Unfortunately Malia would be wrong about that. For they would not be having fun at the bonfire that night. For they would be hunted by the assassins that Sabrina had mentioned.

++++++

The kids all gathered outside the high school and watched as the torch was being brought to the pyre. It was placed at the base and everyone screamed out when the whole thing went ablaze to signal the start of the party. The DJ began the music and the lasers started to shine through the night.

Scott was moving through the crowds of dancing and screaming people, taking in everyone and everything as he moved for the fire. So far, everything seemed normal enough. He then spotted members of the lacrosse team. They were all cheering and jumping up in excitement.

He also noticed that all of them were in their jerseys. Scott looked down and realized that he was the only one that wasn't wearing his. The whole point of this bonfire was to celebrate and show support for the team coming into the season. He was the team captain and he was the only one of the team there not being part of the team.

Well aside from Stiles, Kira and Liam. Stiles was on the Benefactor's trail, Kira was with her mother as she was still recovering and he told Liam to stay at home. Scott sighed in frustration. If it weren't for the Deadpool, they would all be here together, enjoying the party and having fun. Being normal, just like everyone else here was doing.

Scott let himself scan the area, his eyes widened when he spotted a familiar werewolf and werecoyote dancing in the crowd. The two were swaying in place, each with a flask in their hands.

"Hey," he called out to them. "What are you doing here? Both of you?"

Malia held the flask out at him. "Getting drunk. What about you?" "Trying to make sure no one gets hurt." Scott answered as his eyes then went over to his twin who kept on swaying. 

Sabrina giggled as she looked up at Scott, now noticing that he was here. "That sounds fun too. You know,funny enough, that's what I was doing at first but then a guy on the lacrosse team gave me this flask for free." Sabrina then went to take a deep drink from her flask.

Scott could smell the heavy booze inside that thing. He knew that she and Stiles were going through a rough patch right now with the whole Malia and Peter thing. 

Stiles, he was being quiet about how he was taking it. Actually, outside the business with the Deadpool, Stiles wasn't really saying anything to him. Scott guessed that his work in trying to find the Benefactor was distracting him from what he and Sabrina were going through.

But Sabrina, it was clear that she was here to try and distract and lose herself in all the noise and alcohol here. "Uh, Sabrina, you know we can't get drunk."

"What?" Malia asked him, seemingly half listening. She was still just dancing in place while Sabrina lowered the flask down from her lips.

"I think it has something to do with our healing. But, trust me, I've tried. You're not going to feel anything." Sabrina threw her arm around Scott's shoulders. "Maybe you should tell him that." Sabrina then pointed her flask in the direction of who she was talking about.

Scott looked over and spotted Liam sitting off to the side with Mason. He was in his lacrosse jersey and was pouring alcohol into some soda and spiking it.

Scott just stood there as Sabrina took her arm off his shoulders and continued on dancing alongside with Malia. 

"Malia, we didn't tell you about Peter because-" "Because you were trying to protect me," she cut in as she looked at him. "Yeah, that's what he said you'd say. And you know what he said to me? That you were right. Does that surprise you?"