27- Wolf Set Free

Start from the beginning

"You're... beautiful." A smile blossomed on her face.

I sent her a wolfish grin before walking towards her, nudging her to go on my back. She understood my gesture, placing Alex on my back where her arms and legs were dangling on each side, and sat behind her so that she wouldn't fall off. My wolf (who I had yet not discovered the name off) nabbed control considering I ran like a newborn baby deer attempting to take their first steps. But when she did, my smile widened revealing my sharp canines that hung out like a puppy sticking their tongue out of the car window.

The air blew past my fur, heck I didn't even feel the pressure of the two people on my back considering the strength I bore was remarkable. It felt like I truly was free as I mangled past the fallen logs and branches that attempted to whack me in the face, is this what a being a wolf feels? Having no worries in the world besides becoming one with the wind, I regret allowing my emotions to blind me from what I truly wanted.

When we arrived at the Academy, I hadn't bothered to shift as I dashed towards the Night dorm, in luck that there were no Day Class students in sight. My footsteps faltered when I felt a shiver crawl up my spine, as if something sinister infiltrated the dorm. I barged through the entrance startling a few students who stared cautiously baring their fangs at me, but soon halted their actions once they probably realised I was also a vampire or that I had the scent of one.

I lowered myself to the ground my eyes travelling towards a boy who had heterochromia, as his eyes differed from one another. Though he looked like an average vampire the smirk on his face and his guise controverted my position to which my wolf disliked a lot.

"He... He seems familiar, too familiar in fact." I prowled, shuffling away from him, sending him a look of malice.

"Elvia?" Ruka called out, I sent one warning look towards the vampire before stalking towards Ruka, perching idly next to her feet. Although I was sat on the ground, my tall form overshadowed her slender figure.

"You sense it too huh... ever since Senri returned from his home, he's been acting differently as well as he feels strange. Almost as if it isn't him but someone else..." Ruka whispered.

At least I wasn't the only one who thought so, for someone reason I have an urge to stay in my wolf form instead of shifting back despite it being weird that a six foot wolf was in a room filled with vampires who looked like tiny little ants compared to her size.

"Something's trying to take over your body, attempting to push both your vampire side and I into oblivion. If you shift back, it weakens our strength allowing whoever it is a perfect look-in."

I nodded at Ruka, showing her that I felt the same way. Iona knelt placing Alex on the couch, sighing as Hanabusa attempted to comfort her. I wasn't aware that they were acquainted, but then again I don't know a lot of things. From the corner of my eyes I notice Takuma clenching his fist, staring longingly at the pair before looking away, staying glued to his spot next to Senri, as Ruka named him.

"You know, it would be helpful if I was aware of your name. I don't what to keep referring to you as 'my wolf' or 'she'."

She huffed. "It's about time you asked." There was a pause before she continued. "Ara. My name is Ara. No, it's not a nickname. It's just that prefer short names." Ara... being one of the forty eight Greek constellations. Studying astrology was a minor hobby of mine, it was just an occasional interest that soon swept away once I grew older.

"Hanabusa, I don't know what to do! Someone was following us, and Elvia shifted and brought us back here, but I have no idea what's going on! I feel like something bad's going to happen..." Iona whimpered as Hanabusa stroked her back in attempt to comfort her. Soon enough, the one and only Pureblood descended down the staircase.  His eyes narrowed at Senri before he glanced at Iona, a hint of concern etching his features.

Hanabusa stood up and bowed. "Lord Kaname, someone has seemed to cast an ancient spell on Alex that is spreading throughout her body. If nothing is done, then she might die..." Aido frowned.

Abruptly, I felt some sort of savouring pressure circulate around my body. "That Pureblood friend of yours is using his powers to shield you from the unknown force. I suggest you try shifting back now, all you need to do is imagine your body in human form."

I fidgeted uncomfortably. "But... won't I be like... naked?"

She sighed. "If you don't want to be nude, then imagine yourself with clothes on this time." I scowled, nodding my head as I imagine by human form wearing leggings and a hoodie considering that's the only thing I best fit comfortable in. My paws soon transformed back into my hands and feet as I found myself back in my human configuration.

I cleared my throat awkwardly. "Um, thanks." I looked at Kaname whilst the other vampires stared at us in confusion. "Alex was taking long in the changing room, so Iona broke down the door and found her unconscious so we brought her back here. It was also said to be someone following us outside the shop, but then left once we exited." Kaname nodded walking towards Alex, tugging the scarf off which revealed the black markings that made the vampires gasp.

I frowned clenching and unclenching my fist before opening my mouth, deciding to speak before Kaname primitively had to cut me off. Wow, thanks a lot Kaname. "Go. I know you have other business to deal with. I promise to keep her safe." I let out a small sigh of relief smiling thankfully at Kaname before zooming out the night dorm. Jogging past the gates as I bumped into someone- once again.

"Goddamnit, I really need to do something with this bumping-into-people prob- Oh? Sora? Finally." Sora blinked peering up at me before a smile broke out on her face.

"Elvia?! Thank god! You're here! I have something very important to tell you, you know-..." She stopped, her eyes widening slightly. "We should go somewhere else, I have a feeling something or someone is watching us." She looked around cautiously, her gaze lingering towards the night dorm, as she grabbed my hand pulling me towards the water fountain where it was eerily silent yet unnerving.

"Rido's here." She announced making my heart stop beating. "He's possessing that vampire boy, Shiki Senri was it? Or maybe it was the other way around— that doesn't matter, but what matters is that he already made his first move. Callie and the rest of the pack are unresponsive, literally." She deadpanned. "He put them under some sort of spell that enables him to control their movement, but not their thoughts. I also have a feeling I know what he's after."

"Elvia, he wants your pack."

-*-

A/N:

Back at it again with the cliffhangers ;)