"But they're not as big as the ones I have for you." Brittany blurts out

I furrow my eyebrows, "Is that supposed to make me feel better?"

"I don't know what I'm saying," Brittany grabs my hands, "Let's not break up. We can fix this."

I look down at her hands holding mine and grin, "I think you should be with Chantel and see what that's like with her and I-I can keep it low-key."

"We can fix this." Brittany says again, more sternly

"We're constantly fixing this and one day it's not gonna be fixable." I pull my hands away from Brittany and tears begin to fall down her face, "But , Britt, when I tell you I love you I mean it and I don't think I'll ever stop loving you."

I wipe her tears away and place a gentle kiss on her lips. I try to savor the taste of her mouth because I know I won't be tasting her tomorrow or the day after that.

I tell the driver to take me home instead and five minutes later I we're in front of my house. I kiss Brittany on the cheek before getting out the car.

I don't cry. I can't cry. I want to but nothing comes out. This is good. Brittany's free and she can try things out with Chantel.

If it's meant to be then we'll come back together.

"How was it?" My mom asks when I walk in. She turns around in her chair and looks at me, "What happened?"

"I just broke up with Brittany," I say as I walk up the steps, "And no, I don't wanna talk about it."

I walk into my room and close my door. I change out of my prom dress and put on a pair of underwear of underwear, a hoodie, and a pair of jeans that were just lying around on the floor. I pull my hair up into a ponytail as I walk back downstairs.

"I'm gonna go get some food." I say to my mom who just nods her head with a concerned look on her face

I just broke up with Brittany. I came out to be with her. I lost my Abuela to be with her. I'm not mad at her but now I kind of feel like it was all for nothing.

This is all for the better. All for the better.

I go to Chipotle and order a steak bowl. And after I pay I sit down at a table and open it the bowl, but I don't eat it. I just look at it. I want to eat it but my body won't let me. With everything that's going on I haven't been eating as much as I should.

"I can help you eat that."

I look up and see Ashley. I bite down on my bottom lip and push the bowl in the middle of the table. She sits across from me and takes the fork from my hand.

"Wasn't your prom tonight?" She asks as she puts some of the food into her mouth. I nod my head, "Then shouldn't you be be withBrittany?"

"We broke up..." I look down at the table, "Less than an hour ago."

"Hmm." Ashley says and she hands me my fork back, "Chantel said that was gonna happen soon."

"Chantel," I spit, "Is the reason why we broke up." Ashley gives me a confused look, "Her and Britt won Prom King and Queen together and at the end if their slow dance Chantel kissed her."

Ashley laughs, "And your the girl who slapped her?"

"Yeah."

"Holy shit," Ashley says smiling "Chantel's a little bitch. That's why I stopped fucking with her ass."

Ashley takes the fork back and continues to eat.

I look at Ashley and realize that she's actually pretty hot. She's lightskin, a little bit lighter than me, and she has almond eyes and perfectly shaped lips. She wears these diamond studs that seem to twinkle whenever she laughs or smiles and she has a nice build. She has on a grey Thrasher shirt underneath an unzipped Nike hoodie and there's two gold chains hanging around her neck.