#Bronte200 Cross Profile Contest FAQ

Q. What on Earth is this all about?

A. #Bronte200 is a contest to celebrate the 200th birthday of Emily Bronte, author of Wuthering Heights. We're asking you to write a mash-up of Wuthering Heights, and one of the fandoms listed here. [provide link to relevant page]

Q. So it's a FanFic contest?

A. Sure, if you want to put a label on it! We're asking you to use elements of Wuthering Heights, either the created world or characters, then merge with the world or characters of totally different created universe.

Q. Why isn't my favourite fandom on the list?

A. We think we've given plenty of fandoms to choose from, and that there is something there for everyone. If your fandom of choice isn't on the list, we can only offer our apologies.

Q. How much of the original canon do I have to include?

A. As long as it's recognisable as Wuthering Heights you can include as much or little of the created universe or characters as you like.

Q. Does the past reality of Wuthering Heights have to remain the same?

A. Yes, but the future of a canon character or of the created universe is yours to write as you see fit, within the confines of your selected fandom, and as long as the latter is recognisable, it's all good.

Q. Can I create an alternate universe to accommodate the fandom crossover?

A. Yup.

Q. Are self-inserts allowed?

A. No, sorry.

Q. How about Mary-Sue fiction?

A. Nope. None of that, either.

Q. Can I make use of original characters?

A. Yes, providing both Wuthering Heights and the fandom you select are both recognisable.

Q. Can I include time travel?

A. Yes, you can.

Q. Is the word count flexible?

A. Your submission should be 5,000 words or less. Anything over that and it won't be accepted.

Q. Do I have to tag my story #Bronte200?

A. Nope, but it'd be rather cool if you did. What matters is that you correctly submit your story via this link. [also available on the previous page]

Q. Can I write in any language?

A. Entries must be written in English as we have no other language capabilities. However, should you wish to write in a language other than English and submit an English translation, you are free to do so.

Q. I am from outside of the USA, can I still participate?

A. This contest is open to everyone, everywhere in the world. Even Antarctica.

Q. I have a story written already, can I submit that?

A. No. Stories entered into this contest must be written for this contest alone.

Q. Does it have to be a single chapter reaching 5K words?

A. Yes. Your story should be written in one single part.

Q.Can I co-write my story with a fellow Wattpadder?

A. If you wish to do so, sure. However the entry can only be from one account and one account alone.

Q. Can I submit more than one entry?

A. No. One entry per user please.